When traveling, using mobile data to access the internet can be costly, but you might still need some apps to be able to connect to it, even if not all of them. You might have a smaller data plan or you would just simply like to have more control over what apps can access the internet on your Android smartphone. Whatever your motivation, setting up a firewall that does exactly this, is not very complicated.
Apps like Facebook, 9gag, Dropbox, Whatsapp, Gmail and others like them are pretty big data hogs, and sometimes they connect to Internet in background and consume those valuable MB of data. While turning them completely off isnt a good option, we must find the next best thing and turn off cellular data only for certain apps, so they work only over WiFi or at certain times. Today well be investigating this aspect and show you some solutions with the app "Internet Data Manager".
Control which Android apps use background mobile data
Disable specific Android apps from connecting to mobile data in the background.
Firewall WITHOUT ROOT. simple interface, fine-grained access control and no suspicious permissions on the firewall app itself.
Look no further for your Android firewall. "Internet Data Manager" Firewall can be used to save battery, reduce data usage so you stay within your data plan, and secure your privacy by limiting the network access permissions required by apps.
* NO ROOT required. All features work WITHOUT rooting
* Virtual (fake) VPN connection to control your apps. We don't tunnel your packets anywhere!
* Works OFFLINE - does not require 3G/4G data after download and install
* Just tap to select an app and block it
* Take Control Of Your Mobile Apps
* Easily Allow/Block App Connectivity
* Block background app activity
* Automatic Data Traffic Measurement Once you launch the app, it will then measure your data traffic automatically. Whenever you are concerned about your data usage, simply launch the app to check!
* Data Usage Monitor It measures precisely the data usage of your smart phone. Dont worry! This app can accurately measure between any time intervals. For Wi-Fi data usage, it is sorted by SSID!
This is the perfect solution if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer.
Keywords : Data On OFF, Internet Controller, My Data Manager, Data Usage Monitor, Internet Manager, Data Speed, NoRoot Firewall, My data Saver, Data Lock