This app requires external measurement hardware to operate.
This app is a custom-made app for Caterpillar to conduct engine vibration test and crankshaft deflection test.
The vibration test function connects iPad to the Data Acquisition Box and collects in real time the Overall RMS Vibration (Acceleration, Velocity and Displacement). Real time vibration spectrum is also displayed.
The crankshaft deflection test function works with Motionics wireless measurement read (WiMER). When the sensor is attached and connected, users can wirelessly capture sensor readings at 5 testing positions on crankshaft via Bluetooth Low Energy. Crank web vertical and horizontal deflections are automatically calculated once 5 readings are collected.
Testing report is generated after each test. It also enables importing and merging PDF reports created by other Apps. User can easily get access to saved reports via a report manager.
- Real-Time Overall RMS values
- Vibration Signal Spectrum/Waveform
- Vibration in Velocity (ips or mm/s) or Acceleration (G's)
- User can select from different industrial severity standards
- User can define customized alarm and danger values
- Signal Averaging option
Crankshaft Deflection Test:
- Wireless sensor connectivity
- Test information editing
- Sensor measuring crankshaft rotating angle and indicator showing test positions
- Crankshaft end play test included
- Auto calculating vertical and horizontal deflections
- Test report generation including engine information, measurement values, data plots, note, signature, location information
- Email PDF report and wireless printing
- Report manager available
- Import and merge reports from other Apps