CNET Editors' reviewThis application claims to make changing your wallpaper effortless, but it didn't always deliver on its promise in our testing. Winwall's small, cluttered interface allows you to create a list of wallpaper, but it would benefit from a guide to getting started. You can search for image files through the offered browser or by narrowing your search by selecting File Type or Resolutions in Pixels. You can view images and instantly set them as wallpaper, though you won't have the option Windows offers for image position such as Center, Tile, or Stretch. You can double-click any entry to set it as wallpaper, or you can use the limited scheduler to change wallpaper once a day or more frequently. You can change the skinnable interface by selecting one of seven offered schemes. Users, especially novices, will be disappointed with this freeware's unintuitive controls and limited output.
From Yue Hong:
Winwall is a free wallpaper changer software that can change your background images (wallpaper) on every startup, once a day or at regular intervals. It works on both the standard and the Active Desktop environment. It has the power to display JPG and GIF file type to desktop when your desktop is not set to view as Web page or without Active Desktop. It also able to shutdown itself after changing the wallpaper to save your computer resources. Some cool features in Winwall are: WinXP comparable image file search function, saving wallpaper picture list function, ACDSee comparable image browser, full screen preview image, function to convert JPG and GIF to BMP, use less memory when Winwall is minimized.
Version 1.2.35 changes image searching search engine, adds display loading text when loading the picture into the preview box, and features numerous bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Change your desktop wallpaper automatically with images located...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Change image of your desktop background periodically with many ...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Update your desktop background automatically daily.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Choose these backgrounds and create your own collection.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Show pictures transparently like a flowing stained glass window...
- Change desktop wallpapers automatically.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Display Valentine's Day images accompanied by romantic poems an...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Enjoy the stunning images of deep space at your screensaver.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Change your wallpaper with every song playing on your computer.
- Change desktop wallpapers automatically, make the desktop icons...
- Modify your desktop wallpaper for multi-monitor systems.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- View a beautiful red bird and woman on your desktop wallpaper.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Winwall 1.2.3
I chose this program over Change Mon Ecran because I have more than 1000 images, and Change Mon Ecran will not allow me to add more than 1000 to the list.
It takes an excessively long time to add new images to the list. If you have more than 1000 images it takes over 20 minutes to search for images to add to the list.