CNET Editors' review
Controlling multiple computers from a single keyboard and mouse is old hat, but how about a software solution that lets two or more users operate a single PC at the same time, each controlling his own cursor from his own keyboard and mouse? That's what WunderWorks' TeamPlayer does. You simply connect the additional hardware to your computer, and TeamPlayer recognizes it and places extra cursors on the screen. Potential uses include education and training, multiplayer gaming, security and monitoring, and distributed applications.
TeamPlayer takes advantage of software developed to let programmers add multiuser functionality to a wide range of applications, so it's flexible and easy to use but robust and reliable in multiuser environments. The program detected all applicable devices and placed onscreen cursor for each mouse, replacing the primary cursor with a small red square. Each device functioned normally, even a Wacom pen with absolute positioning, though its cursor did jump to the primary cursor when released. Clicking a system tray icon accesses the TeamPlayer Center for updates as well as a Sandbox game for practice, a welcome addition since TeamPlayer can be used to teach young children how to use the computer under direct supervision. An Exit button quickly restores normal, single-user operation.
To use TeamPlayer, you must have additional keyboards and mice or other cursor-control devices that are compatible with your PC, including drivers and any additional required software; it doesn't make them work, only work together. It provides a unique, software-based collaborative environment on a single Windows PC, and we recommend it.Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of TeamPlayer 2.2. The trial version is limited to three users.
TeamPlayer is the first commercial solution for working together on the same computer. Simply connect extra mice and keyboards to your computer, install the software and multiple cursors will appear on your screen. TeamPlayer allows you to work with 2 or more users on the same Windows PC at the same time.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Optimize management procedures and production processes in a co...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Optimize workflow efficiency and improve e-mail access and data...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Collaborate with team members and customers at the speed of bus...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Make Outlook connect to groupware IMAP servers just like Exchan...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create and run java cloud applications.
- Share information and documents, plan and manage projects acros...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Handle communication and collaboration needs of your company.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Share Microsoft Outlook calendar, contacts, e-mails, tasks with...
- Give users the ability to search an LDAP directory from Outlook...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Combine instant messaging and chat with personal organization f...
- Make Outlook connect to groupware IMAP servers just like with E...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: TeamPlayer 2.2
allows two mice to operate on same PC. This is helpful for me when using dual moniters
No features - cannot right click (no copy/paste, opening web browser in new window). Does not click certain windows or buttons. Also drastically slows my mouse on screen
This is a cool software with potential but needs alot of development to prove itself a viable option and not just a toy.