CNET Editors' review
Evernote Sticky Notes solves one of the bigger problems with Windows 7's sticky notes without draining too many resources from your desktop. The simple tray-bound software allows you to instantly save all of your sticky notes to the cloud in Evernote. The result is a native-feeling extension of the Evernote platform and a useful tool for anyone that uses sticky notes, regularly.
To be sure, this application is only useful for those that use Sticky Notes in Windows 7 on a regular basis. Additionally, you will need to log in to Evernote to verify your account and give the app access to your information. Once you do all of this, however, Evernote Sticky Notes can fully replace your native sticky notes. It opens and saves, automatically, the same as your existing app would, and it will automatically sync every few minutes; or you can click the manual sync button to ensure that it syncs before shutdown. Because it doesn't require Evernote to be open or even installed on your computer, it doesn't use a lot of memory, but it ensures your sticky notes are saved safely to the cloud.
Evernote Sticky Notes is a simple, easy-to-use tool that solves a big problem with sticky notes. Whether you're preparing for a reboot and need to be sure your notes are backed up or you are tired of losing sticky notes when you accidentally close them, this is a great tool to ensure they are always backed up and ready for use in the future.
With Evernote Sticky Notes you can pin important Evernote notes to your desktop. Your notes stay always in sight so you won't forget them. Every note can have a custom color assigned to make it more distinguished from the other notes. Your notes are automatically synchronized with your Evernote account and stay updated even on multiple devices.
What's new in this version: Version 1.5.5:
- A bug is fixed that caused the automatic synchronization to fail.
- Minor bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Display notes on your desktop and send them to others through y...
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Back up, synchronize, replicate, and mirror important files on ...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Compare and synchronize files between computers.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Sync Microsoft Outlook on different personal computers.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Synchronize folders, detect renames, find duplicates, and perfo...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Synchronize the structure of mySQL databases.
- Create, manage, and save documents that you can access anywhere...
- Post note reminders on your desktop.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Create and hide sticky notes with alarms.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Install virtual shelf for notes, pictures, links, text snippets...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Too heavy weight"
Version: Evernote Sticky Notes 1.5.5
Evernote does what I need.
Too much overhead. I just want something simple to write notes on and have them sync without any hassle.
I user evernote for some stuff but not for sticky notes. My preference is cloud sticky notes (cloudstickynotes.com). It's what a sticky note app should be - simple and exactly what I need.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content