Monumento is an open database created with the help of people like you to share and inform the world about remarkable landmarks.
Any tourist guidebook will give you plenty of information on Meiji Shrine or the Imperial Palace, but theres a lot more to Japan than these big name destinations. Take a walk in any neighbourhood in Japan, and youll soon come across a temple or statue. Often there will be a placard describing the history of the site, but the information will only be in Japanese.
Before Monumento, the story behind these places was hidden unless you spoke Japanese. But now you can use Monumento to discover their secret past. Simply take a photo of the placard, upload it, and well textize and translate the content so you too can understand these unknown gems of Japanese history.
So, Monumento achieves communication platform through placards.
- Sharing basic information of placards (image and position).
- Creating text data and sharing placards description.
- Creating and Sharing of multilingual placards description.
- Text-to-speech of placards description.
- Communication among visitors by sharing the information through Facebook or Line.
* More than 4600 placards information have been submitted to Monumento at April, 2016.