CNET Editors' review
Nobody likes long URLs. They're unsightly and unwieldy. From the mobile phone, they also eat up character limits in SMS messages and Twitter updates. Developer Vince Koser's answer is a freeware app that does for Windows Mobile phones what SnipURL and pals have done for desktop compositions by creating condensed links from long-winded ones. Simply paste the rambling Web address into the top of two fields and select "Convert SnipURL." The resultant link will be saved to the clipboard, saving you that step. Opening the app after copying the long link saves you another by copying the snippet-to-be into the field for you.
We'd like to see the app cut out one more step by creating a one-button app. Instead of tapping or clicking into the Menu to select the conversion option, we'd prefer a button for even more instant gratification. However, it's hard to complain when the developer is handing the tool out for free. Because this widgety app queries SnipURL.com, expect a charge if you're without a data plan.
ceSnipURL is a utility to shorten URLs to make them more friendly for use in twitter and SMS messages or mobile e-mail, preventing links form wrapping in email helps them maintain their clickability when sending them. Using them in SMS saves you precious characters and allows more text space to describe the url your sending. You could use URL shortening services via the Web but the clipboard interaction is more cumbersome than using a small utility. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Record all or part of your calls.
- Install no beep call recorder on Symbian Anna/Belle and S60 V5/...
- Download YouTube movies and watch them with your Windows Mobile...
- Improve standard user interface and add PDA phone features to y...
- Detect and remove mobile viruses.
- Autoreply and filter SMS messages on Symbian UIQ-based mobile p...
- Learn English vocabulary on your Symbian device to pass the exa...
- View PDF files on your Pocket PC device.
- Generate a series of graphs on your Pocket PC.
- Record your important conversations in either WAV or AMR format...
- Store and retrieve inventory information.
- Send messages to all mobile phones.
- Read PDF files on your Palm OS device.
- Record and manage your expenses on the go.
- Convert PDF to image by CMD in Linux.
- View, edit, and create MS Office 2007 documents on your S60 3rd...
- Send and receive private SMS within a group of secret contacts.
- View latest currency exchange rates from different world banks.
- Kill virus worms, trojans, and other harmful malware.
- Manage incoming calls and messages on your Smartphone.
- Retrieve your contacts and delete all data from your lost phone...
- View your Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents anytime...
- Start selling your products with ease across all mobile devices...
- Install antitheft utility on your Symbian Series 60 device.