CNET Editors' review
PowerPoint presentations do a great job of presenting complex information to audiences, but they take a lot of time and effort to create yet tend to have a limited lifespan, typically the duration of a project. Wondershare's PPT2Video Pro can help you maximize the usefulness of your PowerPoint presentations by converting them into video for posting online, in product manuals, as training materials, and much more. With 130 different file formats available, including HD, you can probably find something useful to do with your old presentations.
To use PPT2Video Pro, you need to have PowerPoint installed, not just some presentation files to convert. The developer recommends having Microsoft Office 2000 or later and claims to be fully compatible with Office 2010. The program's customizable interface has a big-box software look that's sort of a cross between an antivirus utility and a media player. However, it's actually the familiar Windows dialog: a tabbed main display with left-hand navigation pane, only colorfully skinned. Operation is a cinch--three easy clicks to completion--with just a few settings, such as TV format (NTSC, PAL, and SCAME) and video resolution. We like that the conversion choices display their familiar file type icons, which helps distinguish between similar but not necessarily compatible formats. PPT2Video Pro also offers the capability to import and batch convert up to 12 PowerPoint files at one time. We didn't test its full capacity because we didn't have so many PowerPoint files on hand, but nevertheless we were impressed with the speed with which it converted even large, multimedia-heavy presentations.
Wondershare PPT2Video Pro does a lot more, such as simplifying the process of uploading converted videos to Web sites like YouTube, playing presentations on portable devices, and even watching them on Apple TV. What it does best is make it easy to convert your PowerPoint presentations into a wide range of formats that maximize their impact.
Editor's note: This is a review of the full version of Wondershare PPT to Video 6.1.6. The trial version places a watermark on the video output.
From Wondershare Software:
Wondershare PPT2Video Pro is an all-in-one PowerPoint to video converter to convert PowerPoint presentation to video of up to 130 formats such as AVI, MOV, WMV, MPEG, FLV, 3GP and HD videos of excellent quality with all the original animations and sound effects retained. After the PPT to video conversion, you can play your presentation video on most video players, share on video sharing sites like YouTube and Hulu, and distribute on portable devices like iphone and iPod.
What's new in this version: Version 6.1.6 has added compatibilaty with Office 2010 and fixed the bug of conversion failure under Office 2000.
More Products to Consider
- Convert PowerPoint to video in all format, such as PowerPoint t...
- Convert PowerPoint to DVD or video and play PowerPoint on TV wi...
- Convert PowerPoint presentations to HD/SD videos with watermark...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Convert PowerPoint presentations to popular Video formats with ...
- Convert PowerPoint to video of various HD/SD formats with water...
- Convert PPT to AVI, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG2, WMV, MOV, FLV, HD ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Convert MS PowerPoint presentations to any video format or DVD ...
- Convert presentation to 100+ video formats and share your video...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Convert PowerPoint files to DVD-quality video in WMV, AVI, or M...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Convert PowerPoint to flash video FLV, MP4, MOV, 3GP for YouTub...
- Save MS PowerPoint presentations for viewing on any computer or...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert Microsoft PowerPoint documents to the most popular vide...
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 17 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Smashes system files"
Version: Wondershare PPT to Video 6.1.6
Once installed it seems to function well.
I installed the trial copy to see if it would work for our application, and the install smashed some system files. All user preferences for ALL OTHER installed software was deleted during the install.
I've spent the last week re-registering all the software. This has been a very painful experience.
Download/install at your own risk. Had I but known I would have avoided the experience.