Ultrasoft DataShield lets you organize and store your important information conveniently and securely on your Palm OS handheld computer. Store birthdays, policy numbers, and membership details. Attach notes and schedule reminders to let you know when things need attention. Store account numbers, PINs, and passwords. DataShield uses military-strength encryption to keep your information safe in its password-protected database. Use the built-in templates to organize your data, or create your own templates. Select your own security settings to give you the right balance of convenience and protection.
Version 1.4.5 features New "quick lookup" field that lets you locate records with a few graffiti strokes. This version also supports 480x320 screens and landscape mode virtual graffiti area as well as 5-way navigation.
More Products to Consider
- Record all or part of your calls.
- Download YouTube movies and watch them with your Windows Mobile...
- Store and manage all your private information in one place.
- Improve standard user interface and add PDA phone features to y...
- Install no beep call recorder on Symbian Anna/Belle and S60 V5/...
- Detect and remove mobile viruses.
- Learn English vocabulary on your Symbian device to pass the exa...
- View PDF files on your Pocket PC device.
- Store private information in a secure database on your Pocket P...
- Store and secure your private information on Pocket PC.
- Encrypt and hide folders without intermediate caches on your Po...
- Record your important conversations in either WAV or AMR format...
- Manage usernames, passwords, pins, and other private informatio...
- Personal identification organizer.
- Lock your mobile phone or its selected applications.
- Read PDF files on your Palm OS device.
- Store and manage personal/business data on your Pocket PC.
- View, edit, and create MS Office 2007 documents on your S60 3rd...
- Keep your internet passwords, bank account, PINs in one secure ...
- Encrypt valuable data on your Palm OS device and keep it safe.
- Kill virus worms, trojans, and other harmful malware.
- Secure and store vital information on your mobile phone.
- View your Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents anytime...
- Hide all your private information & protect it so no one else e...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Could be great, but falls down on usability"
Version: Ultrasoft DataShield 1.4.5
Ability to create completely custom templates with an unlimited number of fields is outstanding. Only product I have seem which does that. For something like a credit card account that can have a dozen pieces of data with web site Id's, phone Id's, Quicken Id's etc, account numbers, etc. this is the only program that can contain everything without resorting to notes.
(1) One big negative is that the data can only be exported in an XML file, with no schema. That means its impossible to print or export to some other program, without writing your own software. For me, I want to be able to save a copy of all this in a safe deposit box, and this program won't do that.
Also, usability is kind of a pain. Compared to Splash ID, its a whole lot more difficult to use. For exmple, 2 clicks to copy a UID/Password to the clipboard rather than 1, can only select an account by leftmost column, only 1 column of data can be displayed, lots of white space that means are limited in how many accounts can be seen, miniscule (unreadable) icons.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: