Ultrasoft DataShield lets you organize and store your important information conveniently and securely on your Palm OS handheld computer. Store birthdays, policy numbers, and membership details. Attach notes and schedule reminders to let you know when things need attention. Store account numbers, PINs, and passwords. DataShield uses military-strength encryption to keep your information safe in its password-protected database. Use the built-in templates to organize your data, or create your own templates. Select your own security settings to give you the right balance of convenience and protection.
Version 1.4.5 features New "quick lookup" field that lets you locate records with a few graffiti strokes. This version also supports 480x320 screens and landscape mode virtual graffiti area as well as 5-way navigation.
More Products to Consider
- Record all or part of your calls.
- Install no beep call recorder on Symbian Anna/Belle and S60 V5/...
- Store and manage all your private information in one place.
- Download YouTube movies and watch them with your Windows Mobile...
- Improve standard user interface and add PDA phone features to y...
- Detect and remove mobile viruses.
- Personal identification organizer.
- Learn English vocabulary on your Symbian device to pass the exa...
- View PDF files on your Pocket PC device.
- Generate a series of graphs on your Pocket PC.
- Record your important conversations in either WAV or AMR format...
- Store and retrieve inventory information.
- Read PDF files on your Palm OS device.
- Record and manage your expenses on the go.
- Convert PDF to image by CMD in Linux.
- View, edit, and create MS Office 2007 documents on your S60 3rd...
- Store private information in a secure database on your Pocket P...
- Keep your internet passwords, bank account, PINs in one secure ...
- Flexible protection for secret information.
- View latest currency exchange rates from different world banks.
- Kill virus worms, trojans, and other harmful malware.
- Protect your privacy online while surfing.
- Personal user id & password management app.
- View your Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents anytime...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Could be great, but falls down on usability"
Version: Ultrasoft DataShield 1.4.5
Ability to create completely custom templates with an unlimited number of fields is outstanding. Only product I have seem which does that. For something like a credit card account that can have a dozen pieces of data with web site Id's, phone Id's, Quicken Id's etc, account numbers, etc. this is the only program that can contain everything without resorting to notes.
(1) One big negative is that the data can only be exported in an XML file, with no schema. That means its impossible to print or export to some other program, without writing your own software. For me, I want to be able to save a copy of all this in a safe deposit box, and this program won't do that.
Also, usability is kind of a pain. Compared to Splash ID, its a whole lot more difficult to use. For exmple, 2 clicks to copy a UID/Password to the clipboard rather than 1, can only select an account by leftmost column, only 1 column of data can be displayed, lots of white space that means are limited in how many accounts can be seen, miniscule (unreadable) icons.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: