Brain Forest - because ideas can strike at any time!
BrainForest is the premier outliner, checklist manager, idea keeper, and project planner for Palm OS® handheld users. And BrainForest isn't just a better To Do List, it helps you sift, group and prioritize information, track your progress and completion, and make sense out of the action items in your life.
- Convenient - Plan a shopping trip, a speech, a wedding. Jot down ideas. Manage projects. Juggle priorities. BrainForest is the right tool for the job.
- Structured - BrainForest displays information using an intuitive Trees, Branches, and Leaves analogy - similar to the Outline function in Microsoft Word. It groups related ideas, action items, checklists, to-dos, internet URLs, email addresses, etc.
- Flexible - Items can be rearranged by dragging them from one location to another. Trees can be copied and pasted. Data can be imported and exported.
- Powerful - Keep track of teams and projects, recurring items, due dates and priorities. Keep your projects under control.
The mind is an amazing sifter of information, and so is BrainForest
The human mind is the ultimate computer, instantly recording and prioritizing every piece of information. BrainForest works much the same way. By organizing items into a hierarchical tree, BrainForest lets you to ensure you've covered all your bases, and that you prioritize which action items are most important. You can view, sort and arrange items into any order that works for you. BrainForest is free-flowing yet organized.
The main 'tree' view displays a list of trees. Filter the list by category and sort by name or size to find just what you're looking for, or use the built-in Palm OS® Find function to search your data.
Your trees can be stored in your handheld's internal memory or, if supported by your handheld device, on external storage cards.
Open a tree to view or update its contents, or create a new tree whenever an idea strikes. Simply tap the New button, and start entering information directly into the on-screen edit field.
Create branches to organize information, and add leaves for the details. Expand or collapse branches by tapping the arrow icons. Move branches and leaves by dragging them across the screen.
You can even beam trees to your friends and colleagues to share information.
You can create Standard trees or Project trees: Standard trees contain 'to do' action items, with optional checkboxes to indicate if they are complete. Project trees contain action items with completion percentages, to let you manage your projects more effectively.
You can assign start and end dates to action items, specify repeat intervals for recurring items, and view your progress using the built-in Timeline Viewer.
Each tree is stored in a BrainForest database. With BrainForest Deluxe Edition, you can open your databases on your desktop computer.
BrainForest Mobile Edition includes the BrainForest application for Palm Powered handhelds only. BrainForest Deluxe Edition includes the handheld application, plus the BrainForest desktop companion for your Windows® or Mac OS computer.
What's new in this version:
- Improved support for high-resolution devices, including full-screen landscape and portrait modes.
- Added support for 5-way navigation on newer devices.
- Improved support for keyboard accessibility, with new shortcuts to allow full keyboard use.
- Improved Tree List view displays optional extended tree information.
- Improved Tree view includes color and a selectable font.
- New Update menu command lets you make changes to an entire Tree.... See all new features »