Have you ever experienced the tedium and frustration of having to repeatedly type your name, e-mail address, home page url, and other words or phrases again, again and again? Or do you frequently need to quickly insert images like your signature, location plan, or company logo into documents? Do you often introduce errors when retyping standard business text? Typinator boosts your productivity and eliminates errors by automating the process of inserting frequently used text and graphics. Configuration is easy - You just define abbreviations and their replacement text or picture. Usage is even easier - Whenever you type one of these abbreviations in an arbitrary application, Typinator inserts the corresponding replacement. Drag-and-drop import from Textpander, TextExpander, and TypeIt4Me makes migration to Typinator a no-brainer. Save your time and annoyance and let Typinator type repeating texts and pictures for you. You can use Typinator to...
- quickly type greeting phrases,
- set up a list of standard text fragments to be used in e-mail replies,
- insert the current date and/or time in arbitrary formats with a few keystrokes,
- Auto-correct your most frequent typos in all applications system-wide,
- "type" pictures, such as smilies or bullets,
- insert Unicode symbols by typing a few special regular characters (e.g., type "->" to insert an arrow symbol),
- define shorthands for frequently used Unix commands,
- quickly create templates for code fragments, if you are a programmer, and more
What's new in this version:
- Synchronization support for Dropbox and iDisk.
- Typinator now allows abbreviations that begin with a space character.
- It is now possible to select in which folder Typinator should store abbreviation sets.
- More flexible adaptation to applications with special requirements.
- Typinator now has a support interface that simplifies registration and various support activities.
- The version check now includes dynamic updates of special cases for certain appli... See all new features »