CNET Editors' reviewIt won't win any beauty contests, but TreePad Business Edition does boast solid note organization and retrieval methods. Notes are collected into folders, and finding specific notes is easy via search, History, hyperlinks and bookmarks. Formatting is supported, as are embedded images and tables, plus you can export your notebooks as a set of HTML pages. At times the interface looks overcrowded, but you can choose between advanced, basic, and viewer layouts. Encryption capabilities keep your data secure. TreePad Business Edition is a fine choice for anyone looking to save some time managing notes.
TreePad Business Edition is the multifeatured organizer (PIM) and word processor, which is intuitive and versatile. The application includes password encryption and a Web site generator (opt: dynamic tree). The application features the ability to multisearch, spell-check, create agendas and calendars, a recycler, 10 skins, multilingual editions, bookmarks, Char.Map, in/export, images, icons, a photo album, and hyperlinks. With the look and feel of Windows Explorer, TreePad offers a highly intuitive, versatile, and efficient way to edit, format, organize, and store your data.
More Products to Consider
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer Phone Contacts, SMS, Photos, Call Log between Android,...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Replace the standard Windows Notepad with an advanced tool, fea...
- Edit text in a light notepad replacement with many innovative f...
- Manage and organize your contacts.
- Manage vital information about contacts.
- Manage your contact and customer information.
- Manage vital information about contacts.
- Replace Post-It-style notes left stuck to your PC monitor.
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A company not concerned with really doing business"
Version: TreePad Business Edition 7.7.3
You can actually type in text in the application and it is fairly secure
- it looks terrible - like Windows 2.0
- a product that is updated only every10 years
- terrible customer support
I purchased a license for the business edition about ten years ago - essentially, the application has not changed since then. It looked like a Windows 2.0 application back then, and for the most part it still looks like that. I am not saying that eye candy is the most important part of an application. But give me break. You at least expect the application to be as pleasant to use as the operating system you are using. This speaks of attention to detail, not just from a functionality standpoint, but from a GUI standpoint - it provides a more seamless integration with the OS, which in part, albeit small, helps with productivity.
- There are other uses here who have talked about poor customer support. I have experienced this in relation to needing to re-install the software on a system that died. I sent them an email, asking them to please send me my registration information so I could input the license data for the product. They sent an email back, saying that they could give me that information for a fee, if I gave them a credit card number! I have never had anyone do this, and I have requested quite a bit of registration information over the years. Granted, I should have kept better records of my registration system. But for them to want to charge me for it is moronic at best. Any company with such myopic vision from a customer perspective does not deserve anyone's business.
I was NOT going to do that, so I informed them that I would find a cracked version of the software so that I could re-install without having to pay the fee. I never got a response in any way.
I can think of many outliners that perform better than this one. One is the fee KeyNote outliner - picked up by someone as an open source application - http://code.google.com/p/keynote-nf/ . AllMyNotes is a great outliner type application that basically does what TreePad does - it is not quite as powerful from a feature standpoint, but it actually does what it says, and it is updated regularly. The one I use is TreeDBNotes - it has a LOT of functionality and it is kept up to date. You have a lot of options when it comes to this kind of software, so do not settle for something like TreePad, unless you just like a challenge in using an application.
AllMyNotes and TreeDBNotes are on cnet - The open source KeyNoteNF is not (the reason I included the URL).
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content