CNET Editors' review
AsdGraph3D Pro Excel Addin gives you the capability to create three-dimensional graphs with data from Excel spreadsheets. These 3D graphs can also plot ActiveX controls that can be used in programs such as Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
The 3D graphs this add-in produces aren't flashy and would be best used for programming purposes rather than for design or illustrations. Graphic design experience left us unimpressed with the look of the graphs that the program produces; however, from a programming perspective, they're quite sufficient. There's a good built-in Help file that explains the program's controls and some of its more complicated features. Nonprogrammers might have to spend some quality time with this Help file before they can take advantage of the program's true capabilities; however, we feel that programmers will be able to understand this program and make good use of its functionality without a hitch. AsdGraph3D Pro Excel Addin has additional value to the Windows user because it's designed to work with Microsoft Excel, a program that most users are likely to have already installed on their computers and are more than likely going to know how to use, too.
This is a trial version of the software. Some features are disabled after the 15-day trial period. AsdGraph3D Pro Excel Addin installs and uninstalls with no problems. Programmers will find this program a useful tool, but artists and designers will want something more. Nevertheless, we recommend it.
From ThreeDify Incorporated:
Deployed as a 3D add-in for Microsoft Excel, ThreeDify Excel Grapher makes creating Excel XYZ graphs and charts from raw data as easy as highlighting a range of cells in a worksheet. With a few mouse clicks, users can easily create a wide range of X-Y-Z scatter graphs, line graphs, 3D voxel and bar charts, surfaces (TIN and gridded meshes), or water-tight solids. Excel Grapher supports Cartesian, 3D polar (such as cylindrical) and spherical coordinates in uniform scaling mode (for engineering drawings) or non-uniform scaling mode (for presentation graphs). In addition to usual graphing options, Excel Grapher also allows the user to precisely color their graphs by data intervals, and makes possible 4D data visualization directly within Excel. It is the only truly 3D and 4D graphing tool that's completely integrated with MS Excel: Excel Grapher runs completely within the familiar Excel interface and the 3D graphs or charts it creates are saved as part of the Excel workbook. That means there's no need to run a separate application and there are no external files or additional file formats to manage. The graphs you create can be freely shared with your audience without forcing them to pay for a Grapher license as Grapher defaults to free viewer after the trial period expires. Furthermore, the 3D objects created by Excel Grapher can be exported to AutoCAD DXF for CAD editing or VRML 2.0 format for web viewing.
What's new in this version: Version 3.3.8 is a maintenance release.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Match and merge two Excel spreadsheets in 5 quick steps.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Make your Excel works easier and faster with over 300 extra too...
- Create and customize applications right from portal site.
- Launch favorite urls with one click.
- Enhance MS Excel functions.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Simplify project planning, tracking, and management.
- Implement a Windows Forms data navigation control in your proje...
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- Divide multiple excel workbook files easily.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: ThreeDify Excel Grapher 2.5.1
It works pretty well.
Interface needs some tuning.
I have had hard time finding a 3D scatter plotter for Excel. This one fits the bill.
"Finally someone did it."
Version: ThreeDify Excel Grapher 1.5
With this app, creating 3D in Excel appears to be easier than I previously imagined. Especially handy for graphing sub-sets of 3D data in Excel.
More plot types would be nice. Contour and TIN plots come to mind.