Things is a powerful, easy-to-use task-management app that can help you enter, organize, and act on items in your to-do list. Based on the popular Getting Things Done productivity method, Things gives you an elegant, streamlined interface--a classic, Mac-style multipane setup that doesn't require a lot of additional windows for its work flow.
Its clean interface even dispenses with columns, and you can use the app's flexible tag system for priority, task duration, or any sort of categorization that works for you. You can quickly enter new tasks from anywhere, using a system-wide shortcut, and you can include links to URLs, e-mails, folders, and files, along with due dates and other additional context. "Projects" lets you collect subtasks into a larger endeavor, "Areas" lets you group by areas of responsibility in your life (such as work or family), "People" helps keep an eye on delegated tasks, and the "Logbook" tracks completed tasks.
There are other, similar task-management apps available--including many that are much cheaper--but Things' killer interface, robust capability to scale, plug-ins with popular app launchers, support for AppleScript, and integration with a separate iPhone app combine to make this one of the very best applications of its kind. If you use Get Things Done, you need to check out Things.
Task management has never been this easy.
Organize your tasks in an elegant and intuitive way. Things combines powerful features with simplicity through the use of tags and its intelligent filter bar. A Leopard style source list allows for quick and easy focusing. Together with a beautiful user interface, Things aims at the seemingly impossible: making task management both easy and fun.
- The big picture. A Leopard style source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of To-Dos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it's multiple tags, dates or notes, To-Do items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Things even supports GTD, so if you're familiar and comfortable with GTD concepts, you'll feel right at home.
What's new in this version:
Fixed a bug in Things' interaction with iCal Reminders/iCloud causing the generation of blank tasks for some users