CNET Editors' review
TextPad is a program that lets you create, open, and edit text files, so you can make any necessary changes and organize them thoroughly.
Streamlined navigation: This app boasts a clean and intuitive interface that lets you navigate through the different sections using the tabs across the top of the window. Whether you're creating a new text file or making some quick edits to an existing one, the tools you need are right where you want them.
Quick customization: There are some nice features in this app that let you make certain changes or additions quickly. For instance, you can insert the current date and time into a document with just one click, and you can also change the color of the text just as easily.
No diversity: You'll only be able to open text documents with this program. However, if you have a document in another format that you'd like to edit as text, you can copy and paste it into the app as a new document.
No help: While the intuitive interface does mean it's not too hard to find your way around this app, it would be nice to have some type of Help feature, so you know you're getting as much as you can out of the program.
TextPad is a useful and intuitive app that delivers on its promised features. It's also free, so if you need a new text editing program, this one is worth a look.
From RCOS Development:
TextPad is a modern text editor that builds upon the standard Windows Notepad application. TextPad holds a excellent ribbon interface, similar to the one introduced in Microsoft Office 2010. This clean interface allows users to easily edit text documents, while in a familiar and comfortable environment. TextPad is customizable. You can control the font set and color of your document. There are also many tools not found in the Notepad application, such as visible clipboard tools, file I/O operations and character inserting.
What's new in this version: -Fixed bug when context menu doesn't display on Windows 7; -Added generic support for uncommon file formats;
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Transcribe audio recordings and control audio playback with a f...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Record, store, and manage contact information.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content