CNET Editors' review
Text Master is a basic text editor that offers a few more features than similar programs like Microsoft's Notepad. Although Text Master is not a full-fledged word processor, it's a nice, slightly more powerful alternative to other text editors.
Like most programs of this type, the interface is plain and fairly sparse, with a couple rows of small buttons across the top representing its major features. Not all of these were easily recognizable, so we were grateful for mouse-over tool tips. For the most part, the program was easy to use, at least when it came to its basic features; we could specify a font and background color, use the find-and-replace function, and so on. We especially like that the program provides an analysis function, allowing users to see a word count and other characteristics of their text. Although the fact that the program provides more-advanced features is one of the things that we like about it, not all of them make sense, and the program's lack of Help file makes matters worse. We turned on the program's KeyPress Simulator, for example, and couldn't figure out what it was for or how to turn it off. Some of the program's potentially useful filtering features were similarly unclear. This is a shame, because we feel that Text Master has the potential to meet the needs of users who desire a more powerful text editor, if only it explained itself a little better.
Text Master is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users; although not all of its features are clear, it still offers more flexibility than the average text editor.
From Fatih Software:
Text Master is a plain text editor with extra features and is a good alternative of NotePAD. Some of the features are: Statistical analysis (character and word frequency), Making the text lowercase and uppercase, Command system or extracting the desired text, KeyPress Simulator (press randomly, write correctly), Full screen view, Find and Replace, Adding date and time, Changeability of background color and font properties, Generate word list, Insert text into beginning or end of lines, Randomize lines, Separate lines, Sort lines, Trim lines, Crop lines, Delete empty lines, Reverse lines, Insert numbers. Version 1.50 added code and decode feature, added delete same lines feature, and generate e-mail list feature.
What's new in this version: Version 1.50 added code and decode feature, added delete same lines feature, and generate e-mail list feature.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Memorize pi to 10 thousand digits.
- Make your Excel works easier and faster with over 300 extra too...
- Display almost any Flash you wish as your newest screensaver.
- Keep track of your memos and notes.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Create your own CDs and CD labels.
- Create alarms by setting up minute, hour, day, month, or even t...
- Create your documents in a lightweight and fast word processor.
- Palette management system for GoLive.
- Create graphical script files for your NSIS.
- Edit text and HTML documents of any size.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"really easy to use i use it often"
Version: Text Master 1.50
Easy to use!
Would be nice if you could change fonts
really like it
"Good little text tool"
Version: Text Master 1.50
The main reason I give it 5 stars is because it runs a lot faster than ms word and has lots of functions. Maybe the best improvement of Notepad.
Like all the other text tools I have seen, it does not have a function to sort a list by length (which I would use). Otherwise a great free program.
Maybe the best text editor Ive found so far.