SynWrite is a programmer's text editor features syntax highlighting, code folding, tree structure, multiple encoding support, auto-completion, tabs support, quick search, and fully customizable texter. It has support for external tools, capture of console output, and errors navigation.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Edit text codes with syntax highlighting and code folding.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create passwords according to your preference.
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Combine a great-sounding, powerful synthesis engine, with a fle...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Evaluate and adjust your monitor using 24 different testing met...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Get access to corrections and manipulation of timestamp for any...
- Get an easy tool to fit curve.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great text editor with tons of professional features"
Version: SynWrite 4.6.570
- Tons of professional features (code folding, syntax highlighting, macros etc.)
- Works standalone and as Total Commander lister plugin.
- Highly configurable.
- Portable installation possible, all settings stored in .ini files.
- Open source, free.
- Quick and extensive support directly from the developer.
- Relatively new and therefore not so many users yet.
I use it as a code editor for C++ SW development and as a general-purpose editor for .txt files, and I'm very satisfied with it. (Have used UltraEdit before, which is also very good, but it's not free and has some other shortcomings compared to SynWrite.)
"The best editor in its class."
Version: SynWrite 4.3.220
Of all editors in this category SynWrite has the ideal blend of features that really matter, coupled with a user-friendly interface that can be customized in every detail.
Different sizes of icon sets are provided - very useful for better handling on high resolution monitors.
SynWrite is portable and lightweight, it has never crashed on any of my machines, speed and performance are above average, forum support is outstanding.
None that I am aware of.
For years I had been using several editors - each had their pros and cons, some had the customizable interface I cherished, but were missing an important feature, others carried too much overhead resulting in poor performance. Some turned out to have persistent bugs, and their developer seemed unable or unwilling to fix it.
For me, these troubles are over now. SynWrite suits my requirements perfectly.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content