SynWrite is a programmer's text editor features syntax highlighting, code folding, tree structure, multiple encoding support, auto-completion, tabs support, quick search, and fully customizable texter. It has support for external tools, capture of console output, and errors navigation.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Edit text codes with syntax highlighting and code folding.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Filter font and text presentation formatting from existing Web ...
- Create your applications using 6809 micro-controllers with tuto...
- Get an easy tool to fit curve.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Allow you to manage your credit card usage.
- Create your applications using micro-controllers with tutorial ...
- Create passwords according to your preference.
- Replace your Web pages' behavior by adding bits of DHTML.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great text editor with tons of professional features"
Version: SynWrite 4.6.570
- Tons of professional features (code folding, syntax highlighting, macros etc.)
- Works standalone and as Total Commander lister plugin.
- Highly configurable.
- Portable installation possible, all settings stored in .ini files.
- Open source, free.
- Quick and extensive support directly from the developer.
- Relatively new and therefore not so many users yet.
I use it as a code editor for C++ SW development and as a general-purpose editor for .txt files, and I'm very satisfied with it. (Have used UltraEdit before, which is also very good, but it's not free and has some other shortcomings compared to SynWrite.)
"The best editor in its class."
Version: SynWrite 4.3.220
Of all editors in this category SynWrite has the ideal blend of features that really matter, coupled with a user-friendly interface that can be customized in every detail.
Different sizes of icon sets are provided - very useful for better handling on high resolution monitors.
SynWrite is portable and lightweight, it has never crashed on any of my machines, speed and performance are above average, forum support is outstanding.
None that I am aware of.
For years I had been using several editors - each had their pros and cons, some had the customizable interface I cherished, but were missing an important feature, others carried too much overhead resulting in poor performance. Some turned out to have persistent bugs, and their developer seemed unable or unwilling to fix it.
For me, these troubles are over now. SynWrite suits my requirements perfectly.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content