CNET Editors' review
Stock Chart Wizard is aptly named--with this tool you can create, tweak, analyze, and export a range of graphical stock charts. Stock Chart Wizard lets you build watch lists of your favorite stocks, and see the ups and downs of your stocks over time by downloading two years' worth of freely available historical data into your charts. Another real plus with Stock Chart Wizard is the capability to export charts into Excel and other formats for presentations.
Stock Chart Wizard's interface is all business. Here you will find no amusing skins, cheerful paperclips asking to help, or holiday-themed graphics. But what Stock Chart Wizard does offer is the capability to build line charts (High-Low-Close, Closing Price Line, and Candlestick) in a matter of seconds. With as little effort you can display Simple Moving Averages or Exponential Moving Averages. You can also view up to six indicators in your watch list (that is, if you are fortunate enough to have the bells and whistles of a large, high-resolution monitor. For the rest of us, we can happily watch three indicators.)
The 14-day trial period is on the short side, but still should be long enough for most to see if this business-like application is right for you. For most stock enthusiasts, the features and price seem just right for Stock Chart Wizard.
From Stock Chart Software:
Stock Chart downloads freely available stock market data on individual stocks and displays technical charts and indicators. You enter in the stock tickers you wish to analyze, and after several seconds, line or bar charts are displayed along with selected moving averages and indicators. Also included are easy to use watch lists. Create as many as you like in spreadsheet format. Enter in the tickers directly into the spreadsheet.
What's new in this version: Version 2.53 fixes connection issue.
More Products to Consider
- Make share investment decisions a snap.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Analyze financial information to check investments in stock mar...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Display Intraday charts, quotes, alerts and monitoring of stock...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Plan and manage your projects.
- Search, filter, and analyze stocks.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Track and analyze your investments and the markets.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I can't get it to work"
Version: Stock Chart Wizard 2.23
It looks exactly like what I am looking for; a quality charting app with multiple symbol watchlist capability, basic TA indicators, and free internet data downloads.
When I ran the program, I get an error message and it freezes immediately when I try to access the new watchlist set up buttons and the left watchlist pane doesn't even appear. It freezes and crashes before it even gets started. It's just a tease.
I have an email into the company to see if they can fix this. Good thing they give a free trial before purchase. Program looks like a good value if it will run properly.