Don't have time for a full-blown financial program but need something more than a spreadsheet? Need to tally up by category for tax preparation? SmartLedger may be just enough tool for the job.
SmartLedger's mission is to help you track income and expense without having to type numbers, dates, and names. SmartLedger makes use of pop-down lists that automatically grow as you use the program, so that you can click, rather than type, most of your information after your first few entries.
SmartLedger is ideal for adding up randomly all those receipts you've stuffed into a grocery sack, awaiting your accountant's attention. Don't sort them out by hand -- just start with the first one and continue till you reach the bottom of the bag. Leave sorting and subtotaling to the program. Other uses: quick expense reports for your employer, monitoring a chancy budget. This simple program is flexible and won't lock you into account reconciliations. Enter only the transactions that are meaningful to you or your accountant. Reconcile when you want to, using the checkboxes and Accounts button.
SmartLedger comes with make-believe sample entries. Play with the buttons to see what the program does. Then, when you're ready to start your own ledger, click "Remove Sample Entries" to get rid of the make-believe entries.
You'll swear this application has artificial intelligence (indeed, it has intuition). Get to know the on-screen toggles and pointers, and you'll be entering transactions more quickly than you'd ever have thought possible.
Do you have a PayPal account? SmartLedger can import your PayPal account history automatically and give you the big picture on income/expense, subtotaled by category.
For on-line vendors, an eBay fee and consignment calculator is included. To incorporate account history from other banks, use the Import Manually command under the SmartLedger Menu.
Built with FileMaker Developer as a standalone application, SmartLedger looks and behaves the same on both Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Three versions are available: Windows, Mac OS X, and Mac "classic" OS 8/9.x.
What's new in this version:
- Restore My Backup, a command under the SmartLedger Menu, now allows more flexibility for managing multiple ledgers and their backup files.
- The Import PayPal features have been revised and updated to conform to changes in the way PayPal offers business account history files for downloading.
- Improved appearance of the on-screen command buttons. Eliminated an unwanted blinking effect when browsing through records in the ledger.
- Amount and ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Themeable GTD to-do list app with cloud sync.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Track and monitor all your income and expenses quickly and easi...
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Personal task management.
- Personal journal with blogging and video support.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Spreadsheet app.
- Spreadsheet application.
- Set audio files, movies, CD tracks, and Internet radio stations...
- Calculate your mortgage payment and compare mortgage scenarios.
- Data analysis and statistical solution for Excel.
- Phonebook, SMS, gallery, calendar, themes for Nokia phones.
- Perform Monte Carlo analyses with the most modern spreadsheets ...
- Perform advanced multiple regression with statistical analysis ...
- Evaluate a wide range of investment and business valuation scen...
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Has promise but ain't there yet!"
Version: SmartLedger 3.6
The idea is good. Simple, doesn't try to do too much that isn't needed. The layout is reasonable.
Very poor graphics...text can hardly be read at times; very small display and when magnified the text is poor. I may have had a bad copy or an old practice run or something because the great instructions mentioned by another reviewer certainly are sparse. I am a power user and this thing is not finished. I cannot switch from accounts to ledger although there is supposed to be a back-arrow. It sure isn't on mine. Beware of the delete button; what you think you're deleting may not be what's deleted. And it is definitely NOT intuitive...at least my version. Sorry but this thing isn't ready for big time and I'm not looking for something pretty or glitzy...I just want something that works and does the job.
It's clunky and reminds me of the primitive nature of the old video games. It might be better on some Windows but the Mac version is very limited. What I have seems very far away from what I see described in most of the other reviews.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content