CNET Editors' review
The market for personal finance software has exploded in recent years, and the quality of these programs varies widely. We're happy to report that Simple Home Budget is one of the better budgeting programs we've come across; the program didn't blow us away, but it's easy to use, and we couldn't find any major faults with it.
The program's interface is well-organized and intuitive, with a helpful calendar in the upper left corner and its major features--transactions, recurring transactions, categories, and overview--arranged in tabs. Simple Home Budget easily passed our primary financial software litmus test: it lets users import account data from their banks in a variety of popular formats. It's easy to manually edit or add transactions, and recurring payments can be scheduled to automatically process and be added to the completed transactions. The program comes with a large number of customizable categories, making it easy for users to evaluate where their money is going. The overview tab lets users view graphs representing their income and expenses for a given period. The program's online Help file is more of an FAQ than an actual user guide, but the program is pretty easy to figure out. Overall, there's not much about Simple Home Budget that really impressed us, but it's a solid, easy-to-use program that should easily meet the needs of the average consumer.
Simple Home Budget has a 30-day trial period. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Simple Home Budget 220.127.116.11. The trial version is limited to 30 days trial only.
In the current economy, it's more important than ever to know exactly where your money is going. With the Simple Home Budget software program, you can easily and efficiently manage your budget and avoid excessive expenditures. The program can be used as a home money manager or in your small business. It's also the perfect solution for non-profits and charities, as well as freelancers. The software has a variety of features so you can analyze income, expenses and net income for a selected month, year to date or the past 12 months. The sidebar, graphs and charts allows you determine your current financial situation at a glance. The program lets you quickly import transactions from your bank or credit card website. All formats are supported, including .QFX, .QIF, .OFX, .OFC and .CSV. You can approve recurring payments and determine projected expenses. It automatically backs up your data each time the program closes, comes with a built-in calculator and you can easily export your data to an Excel-compatible document. You can also move your data to another computer if you wish. Simple Home Budget is an easy to use application that doesn't come with advertising bells and whistles, flashy banners or embedded ads. You won't find links to sponsors and affiliates trying to lure you into buying something else. The software is a powerful financial tool that saves you time so you can do other things that are important to you. ProperSoft is so confident the software will meet and exceed your expectations, Simple Home Budget is offered with a 30-day free trial. You can download the free trial from our website or purchase the software outright.
More Products to Consider
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Measure, control, and improve business performance.
- Measure and control business performance.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Analyze your income and expenses, and keep your finances in goo...
- View, print, and export PDF files.
- Save money by getting a complete picture of your private financ...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- View, print, and export PDF files.
- Monitor the personal expenses and estimate the efficiency of bu...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create faxes from scanner and manage your documents.
- Manage your household and personal budget.
- Analyze your birthday number to get an in-depth view at your ow...
- Send and receive faxes via other computers on the local area ne...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Manage your personal finances, balance budgets, and view report...
- Generate reports based on astrology and numerology.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Good for simple budget tracking"
Version: Simple Home Budget 18.104.22.168
I got it about 2 months ago, and never really used it untill a few weeks ago cuz i need to do some quick budgeting
i have only used it for simple budgeting and for that no cons
It is really very easy to use and allows for quick budgeting and useful reports.
"Simple and easy interface with needed features"
Version: Simple Home Budget 1
Shows me my current financial situation. Love changing background colors under totals - tells me if I'm in "green" or "red" zone.