CNET Editors' review
PDF files are a part of just about everybody's life now, but many people don't have applications that are capable of doing much with these files besides viewing them. Quick PDF Tools is a small suite of utilities that lets users do more with their PDF files than just look at them. It's not the most feature-filled program we've ever seen, but it's not a bad choice if you're looking to perform a few basic tasks with your PDFs.
The program appears in the Windows context menu, so all you have to do is right-click on a PDF to access Quick PDF Tools. The capabilities that the program provides aren't terribly exciting, but they are potentially useful. Users can preview the file without opening a separate PDF viewer, edit the file's metadata, convert it to an image or text document, edit bookmarks, extract text and images, add passwords, and merge multiple PDFs into one file. The program can also be used to convert images into PDF files, but it doesn't seem to be able to convert text files into the PDF format, which is a significant drawback. The program's online Help file provides an adequate description of the program's capabilities. Overall, Quick PDF Tools didn't knock our socks off, but it's not bad as a basic set of tools for working with PDF files. Since the program lives so unobtrusively in the context menu, it's worth installing just to have it around in case you need it.
Quick PDF Tools installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Quick PDF Tools is a mighty box of free PDF tools designed specifically to work from within Windows Explorer. It provides a freeware PDF utility that allows you to interact directly with PDF files using a simple right-click context menu. Designed with efficiency in mind, this handy PDF program lets you quickly edit and manage PDF documents from the comfort of your desktop, without the need to actually open the PDF.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.11 includes a number of minor bug fixes and support for 64-bit versions of Windows.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Process documents and save them in various formats.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Prepare stunning presentations, save them on cloud, and share w...
- Create and manage your invoices, quotes and manage inventory an...
- Create and manage databases with graphical interface.
- Manage SQL databases with graphical interface.
- Create and manage the membership database for any Chamber of Co...
- Convert image files to PDF documents.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Fantastic, easy-to-use tool"
Version: Quick PDF Tools 18.104.22.168
Very lightweight and to-the-point. Works flawlessly.
Nothing at all.
Quick PDF Tools is a tiny, no-frills utility to convert PDF files into images/documents and vice versa. It runs entirely within Explorer's context menus so there is no need to launch a separate application to run the software; just right-click on the documents you are looking to work with and you're offered a short but sweet task list.
It's completely free and not bloated with any unnecessary garbage, as seems to be the trend with software these days.
I use this software frequently and can't sing my praise for it loudly enough. Highly recommended.
Version: Quick PDF Tools 22.214.171.124
Very powerful capabilities.
Steep learning curve because of huge number of capabiities
Best product of this kind on the market. Has functionality not offerred by anyother product.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content