From OpenLink Software:
High-Performance ODBC Drivers provide transparent access to remote databases from any ODBC-compliant application. Desktop Productivity Tools (i.e., Spreadsheets, Word Processors, Presentation Packages, Desktop Databases, Personal Organizers, etc.), Client-Server Application Development Environments, Web-based Database Publishing Tools, and Computer Telephony Integration packages, are just a few of the many products that can take advantage of our standards compliance.
This driver bridges from ODBC compliant client applications to any JDBC client driver installed on the same host, including those for 4D, DB2, Firebird, FrontBase, InterBase, Microsoft SQL Server, OpenBase, and others
- Blistering Performance
- ODBC v1.0 through v3.5 Compliance
- ODBC Core, Level 1, Level 2, and Extensions support
- Client-based Scrollable Cursor Support
What's new in this version:
- Distributed Transaction Support
- PAM, LDAP & Active Directory support
- Support for XML Types
- XA-based two-phase commit
- Support in Mac OS X Universal binaries for PPC and Intel 32-bit mode on Tiger (10.4) and Leopard (10.5), plus Intel 64-bit mode on Leopard
KNOWN ISSUE: Cannot be used with PPC-native applications on Intel machines, due to limitations of Apple JVM.