CNET Editors' review
Free business software isn't quite the same thing as free money, unless you're in business--especially by yourself or in a start-up, mom-and-pop, or other small enterprise that lives or dies by the bottom line. That's when tools like Nevitium Invoice Manager look more and more like money growing on trees. It's a top-quality invoice and quotes management utility that is free to use and distribute. It can manage customer and vendor relations, and it even includes a simple yet effective inventory manager.
Installing and setting up Nevitium involves two specific steps. First, we followed a multitabbed wizard in which we could enter company data, data file directories, and even set up an e-mail account, though choosing mostly default options let us breeze through the process and return later. The next step involved creating a master database user via another simple process. The program's main interface is a simple dialog that offers an overview of the current file (which opened when we clicked the data field) and Security status as well as the database owner; in this case, Master. It's when we clicked on the File, Tools, and Reports menus that we glimpsed some of this program's capabilities. We started by creating a New Company Folder, which Nevitium explained in detail. In fact, we found many examples of clear explanations of features and options in the program's operations, as well as in a very good Help file that is available both locally and as online. We returned to the program's Settings, which let us edit our entries as well as set our Security options, configure our invoice for printing or mailing, set default markup for inventory, and choose various output options, including PDFs. The Tools menu included a check printer, form builder, blank work order, quick invoice, prepaid account manager, and more, while the Reports menu included customers, revenues, supplier, and sales. The form building tool is a beta, but we liked the look and feel of it.
All we really wanted was accurate, pro-quality invoices and quotes that anyone from a lawn service to a biotech firm could use. Nevitium Invoice Manager covered that and more. We're impressed with its extras, its documentation, and its performance, and most of all that it's free.
From Data Virtue:
Centered around the invoice and focused on the customer, Nevitium has the tools you need to manage your small business. Create professional invoices and quotes while easily tracking their status and payment history. Nevitium is equipped with the essential tools you need, putting you in control of customer and vendor relations. It also includes a comprehensive--yet simple inventory manager. Try it yourself in just a few minutes. Nevitium is free to use and distribute. You will find many tools to enhance the professionalism of your enterprise.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.52 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Manage accounts, payments and quotes.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Keep full track of inventory, from purchasing to sales with rep...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Manage invoices for your home business.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Simplify invoicing, inventory, purchase orders, and billing nee...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create, edit, and delete bookmarks in PDF files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Search for words within an PDF and then split the document.
- Create, recover, and manage PDF documents.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create and edit invoices and save them in PDF format.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage and convert your quotations into invoice and monitor sto...
- Record timesheets and manage your tasks.
- Create and manage invoices, statements and stock control system...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"this is useless"
Version: Nevitium Invoice Manager 184.108.40.206
Good try, but really not usefull
it just takes you around in circles. you can't add new customers, you cant edit or even delete an invoice you created, you can only void it. too many clicks to do anything. just useless
"Excellent Invoicing System!"
Version: Nevitium Invoice Manager 220.127.116.11
It's light weight, fast, and handles all typical invoicing needs for my new small business; converts quotes to invoices, email quotes/invoices in PDF, Code scanner compatible, simple user interface, and lots more. Lets you take it with you in a Flash Drive and run from any windows PC
There must a few cons but I haven't found any yet given that I'm a new user of the software.
I was amazed no one has made a comment about this amazing piece of software. I have tried many free invoicing systems and so far, few compares to Nevitium. Simple, free and yet powerful. Highly recommended for new small businesses.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: