CNET Editors' review
Not very many people know that the Windows Event Viewer is a built-in tool that can be of great help in troubleshooting computer problems. Yet, here comes MyEventViewer from NirSoft Freeware, an application that promises to improve on this little-known and not-often used utility.
While the information it provides may prove to be beyond the ability of most people to comprehend, the free tool itself has a simple interface. It allows the user to view multiple event logs, for example, unlike the option offered by the regular Event Viewer. The details of the event are also conveniently seen on the same screen. MyEventViewer has the added capability of exporting the data from the multiple events into an HTML, text, or XML file. The program also permits simply copying and pasting to Excel.
While the application may not turn heads among the majority of computer users, it will be an invaluable tool to those savvy individuals who do understand the importance of being able to analyze the internal working of their computers. No install and uninstall issues were found during the review.
From NirSoft Freeware:
MyEventViewer is a simple alternative to the standard event viewer of Windows. As oppose to Windows event viewer, MyEventViewer allows you to watch multiple event logs in one list, as well as the event description and data are displayed in the main window, instead of opening a new one.
What's new in this version: Version 2.01 now displays the event strings list in the lower pane if it fails to get the full message string from the event log dll.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- View, disable, and enable URL protocols installed on your syste...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- View GDI handles opened by every process in your system.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Show the file activity for selected process.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- View information about IP addresses without connecting any exte...
- Fix PC problems, speed up your computer and keep your computer ...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Watch the data transfer between a software or service and a dev...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Protects computer from viruses.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Good lightweight addition to Event Viewer or procmon."
Version: MyEventViewer 1.75
Very lightweight and very fast program for event viewing. Collects basic audit information in chronological order. Can be a good addition to Event Viewer or procmon from Sysinternals, because of its simplicity and speed.
The information collected is very basic.