CNET Editors' review
MLEditor Standard Edition lets users read and edit text files in a language code other than their operating system's native language code. It is a multilanguage text editor, word processing, and code-conversion tool that also specializes in professional-quality conversions between Simplified and Traditional Chinese. It will work with all the languages supported by Microsoft Windows, including Japanese, Korean, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Thai, and many others. It supports conversions between Unicode, Unicode BE, ANSI, and UTC-8. The word processor includes several unique features, such as dual-area Control Editing, Batch Replace, a text file previewer, desktop sticky notes, and a Glossary Management feature that also functions as an advanced phrase management tool.
The main screen features a split window, one each for source and conversion languages. Each window has its own toolbar, and you can change the background and text colors to improve contrast. A variety of dialog boxes, drop-down menus, and other common Windows features give a familiar feel no matter what language or script is selected. Much of the documentation seems to have originated in a language other than English and has the occasional clunkiness typical of such translations. In that vein, skilled English users may want to steer clear of the program's "Professional English case conversion" feature, based on the examples offered. Most word processors can be set to capitalize every word, for example, if for some reason you should want or need to. Users in other languages may find its features useful, though.
The fully featured Standard Edition of MLEditor is free to try for 30 days, including updates.
From Anasoft Studio:
MLEditor is a professional multi-language text editor. Features include conversions between ANSI and Unicode/Unicode BE/UTF-8, professional files or folders character count, word count, line count, professional English case conversions, professional conversions between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese, control editing, batch replace, line sorting, redundant line handling, glossary management, text file preview, sticky note, page cleaning.
What's new in this version: Version 2.2 fixes the bug that some registration codes could not get through in Windows 7(64-bit).
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Learn common Chinese characters and edit formatted text documen...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Add Word viewer features to your applications.
- Edit rich text files and convert them into plain text, PDF, or ...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Edit content for your ASP.NET applications.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Replace the Windows notepad on your PC.
- Edit, view, and print ASCII art.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Edit and modify multiple CNC documents on PC.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Provide split screen outlining editor with whole or part docume...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Edit several files at a time without any size restrictions.
- Use various tools for reading books.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...