SmartTasks is an innovative information management tool that allows you to create, manage, and analyze your tasks and notes. Link your tasks and notes to any related Outlook e-mails, files, Internet pages, and Visual Basic code; information and documents related to the task are never more than a click away. Organize tasks into logical folders with drag-and-drop and use the full-featured HTML editor to richly format your task description and notes. Import existing tasks, notes, and contacts from Outlook. Collaborate with others by sending and receiving tasks using Windows Messenger or e-mail.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Synchronize Palm applications with Palm Desktop and Outlook.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Backup your Microsoft Outlook profile easily.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Manage your contacts and keep detailed accounts of daily activi...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Share Outlook calendars, contacts, e-mail, tasks, journals, and...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Share your Outlook folders without Exchange Server.
- Synchronize your Outlook calendar contacts, tasks, and notes be...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Track and manage orders and customer data.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Manage and organize your documents, schedules, and other inform...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Synchronize your personal data applications with both Palm Desk...
- Manage and organize your personal information.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Access to SyncML Calendars, Tasks, Contacts, Notes using Delphi...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"More powerful/ usefull than standard task managers"
Version: Innovasys SmartTasks 2.0
I tried all of the task managers that looked decent and didn't like any of them. For simple tasks/appointments I use outlook. I was looking for something more powerful, and I found it with Smarttaks. First the UI is superior to all of the programs I tried. Second, it intergrates well with other programs. I can link to emails or other files which are tied to the taks. Here is a list of the other features which I have found helpful:
1. In the task folder I can create as many subfolders as I want (I do it by project).
2. There is a neat "Today" view that shows all tasks, all tasks do today, task do in the next few days (grouped by day), and all task that are overdue.
3. I can add notes to each task and view them when I select the task
4. There is a journal tied to each task. This is helpful for large tasks. I use it as follows: For the task I write a detailed note of what I need to do, then in the journal window I write notes to the progress (changes problems etc). I am using this as a project journal that is tied to each task I had. A nice feature is that the date and time are automatically stampled.
5. There is a seperate note option, where I can add additional notes not tied to tasks if I want.
6. I can export/import data
7. If I get an email the requires work, I create a taks from that email (usuing a hot key) and smart tasks creates a new task with the name of the email and attatches the file.
I am happy at the moment, but I like the interface so much I wish I could use it for other purposes that just tasks!, i.e. requirements management, etc.