"More powerful/ usefull than standard task managers"
Version: Innovasys SmartTasks 2.0
I tried all of the task managers that looked decent and didn't like any of them. For simple tasks/appointments I use outlook. I was looking for something more powerful, and I found it with Smarttaks. First the UI is superior to all of the programs I tried. Second, it intergrates well with other programs. I can link to emails or other files which are tied to the taks. Here is a list of the other features which I have found helpful:
1. In the task folder I can create as many subfolders as I want (I do it by project).
2. There is a neat "Today" view that shows all tasks, all tasks do today, task do in the next few days (grouped by day), and all task that are overdue.
3. I can add notes to each task and view them when I select the task
4. There is a journal tied to each task. This is helpful for large tasks. I use it as follows: For the task I write a detailed note of what I need to do, then in the journal window I write notes to the progress (changes problems etc). I am using this as a project journal that is tied to each task I had. A nice feature is that the date and time are automatically stampled.
5. There is a seperate note option, where I can add additional notes not tied to tasks if I want.
6. I can export/import data
7. If I get an email the requires work, I create a taks from that email (usuing a hot key) and smart tasks creates a new task with the name of the email and attatches the file.
I am happy at the moment, but I like the interface so much I wish I could use it for other purposes that just tasks!, i.e. requirements management, etc.
Reply to this review
Was this review helpful?