CNET Editors' review
Everyone's had the experience of sitting down at the computer and suddenly realizing that hours have passed in the blink of an eye. Whether you need to remind yourself of an upcoming event or just give yourself a reminder of how much time you've spent online, Free Countdown Timer is a good choice. This basic program provides a simple alarm clock with just enough features to be fun.
The program's interface is clean and very easy to navigate. Adding an event is as simple as clicking the Add button and filling in the relevant details. Free Countdown Timer can sound an alarm after a specified amount of time has passed--from hours to seconds--or at a particular date and time. The program comes with a variety of alarm sounds, but you can easily select your own sounds or songs to use instead. There are a few extras that really make this program shine, including snooze and loop options, and the program's capability of waking the computer from sleep mode or turning on the monitor power. An online Help file doesn't offer much in the way of guidance, but that's okay; everything about Free Countdown Timer is easy to figure out. Overall, there's nothing about this program that really knocked our socks off, but we think it's a great choice if you're looking for a functional, attractive desktop alarm clock.
Free Countdown Timer installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Comfort Software:
It's great to be able to fully concentrate on the task at hand while waiting for a future task to be ready for action. Free Countdown Timer can remind you about important events by playing your favorite music (you can set volume to a predefined level) and showing a notification message. Timers that you set will sound even if computer goes to sleep. You can set the time in hours, minutes, seconds and an alarm will ring the counter reaches zero; or you can set date and time and an alarm will ring the counter reaches this time. Free Countdown Timer supports unlimited number of timers so that you are not restricted to the number of alarms you can have. Here are some events for countdown timer: New Year, Christmas, Halloween, Vacation, Birthday, Graduation, Wedding, Pregnancy, etc.
What's new in this version: Version 3.1:Improved DPI Scaling support. Improved volume control behavior. Fixed issue with failure message "Floating point division by zero".
More Products to Consider
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Turn your PC into a powerful and highly customizable alarm cloc...
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set up lightweight countdown timer and clock.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Count down to each and every hour.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Display analog clock with RSS Reader and time voice preview.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Create and distribute digital clocks and screensavers with coun...
- Measure timing precisely with minimal complications.
- Add a countdown utility to your desktop and play a WAV file whe...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Provide a complete suite of adjustable visual settings.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Integrate a countdown timer into PowerPoint presentations.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Count out time and have actions performed at specified interval...
- Set an alarm for anything choosing an audio file for the alarm.
- Place highly customizable alarm clocks and timers on your deskt...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 25 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content