CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Clean, easy to use, and perfectly functional, Facebook Messenger is a slick application that effectively creates a centralized Facebook communications console. It's recommended that you have the official Facebook, as well, but it could be used as a standalone app. The two even share the same look and feel.
If you already have the Facebook application installed, the setup of Facebook Messenger goes completely automatic. If you've never used Facebook on your device, then you just need to enter your e-mail address and password. Your contacts will pop up instantly in a list, and a small profile picture will appear next to each name. You can simply click on a name to start messaging. You can also create a group chat to converse with multiple friends at once. This app allows users to organize their contacts by creating groups or a favorites list. This is particularly useful to users who may have several hundred contacts on Facebook. This application is fully compatible with the main Facebook application, so if you click on the profile of one of your contacts it will automatically open the main application to access it. If you do not have the Facebook application, it will actually recommend that you download it.
Facebook Messenger functions perfectly and is a joy to use. Facebook power users will appreciate its ease of use.
Text your friends for free. Get Facebook Messenger to instantly reach friends on their smart phones, feature phones or desktop computers.Chat heads bring your messages and texts front and center- Keep chatting, even while you're using other apps- Tap a chat head to reply, drag them around or flick them down to closeBring conversations to life- Send voice messages when you have more to say- Add a photo to share what you're up to- Have fun with stickers, smileys and other emojiMake plans on the go.- Message a friend or start a group conversation- Include your location to let friends know you're nearby- Swipe left to see who's available- Get push notificationsMessenger does all this using your existing data plan.Content rating: Low Maturity
More Products to Consider
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Discover perfect applications to build your mobile life via And...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- FREE Calls to U.S. and Canadian phone numbers or to any magicJa...
- Meet new people, chat, play games, and have fun.
- Bump two phones together to share photos, contacts, and apps!.
- Meet MILLIONS of single girls and guys at Skout for flirting, d...
- Over 130 million users love Instagram!It's a simple way to capt...
- Sex Chat with strangers is the app you have all been waiting fo...
- YouNow is a place where you can discover awesome people and mak...
- Get daily recommendations for apps and games and download recom...
- Free Voice and Video Calls!.
- Sharing in your life anytime and anywhere.
- Unblock sites and surf anonymously with your Android device.
- HEYWIRE SOCIAL MESSAGING HUB!Free Texting (Real SMS), Twitter &...
- Chat with all your Facebook friends directly from your Desktop.
- Download Hookt to stay connected with your friends and chat for...
- Your robust and comprehensive voice chatting app.
- A perfect & refined collection of some of the best Best Friend ...
- Access your Facebook account quickly and easily.
- Instantly walkie-talkie with friends & family who use Android, ...
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Voxle - know what happens around you!Map of local events and pe...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content