CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
One-touch dialing isn't a feature that's innate to the iPhone, but add-ons like FaceCall make it possible. Turning a phone contact into an icon takes a few steps, though with clear direction, the set-up is surprisingly smooth. You'll be able to use a photo from the contact list or the camera roll as your icon image; if there are none, FaceCall will let you snap a fresh one from the application itself. After that, FaceCall's servers do the rest, leaving you unlimited new icons to position on your home screen. If you would only create a single icon, you may find the app too frivolous to justify the cost, but those likely to create a small directory of contacts will appreciate the personalized speed dial.
FaceCall is a new cool dialer that allows you to call your favorites contacts by simply tapping the photo icon on the home screen, just like your other apps. You need internet connection to create the icons. FaceCall allows you to select a contact from your Address Book, pick one of his or her phone numbers and, taking advantage of Apple Web Clips technology, put the icon on your iPhone home screen. Sort and arrange your FaceCall icons just as you do with the rest of your applications tap, hold and drag them anywhere in your home screen, move to a different page or delete it. Add as many icons as you want. Give a personal touch to your iPhone home screen.
Version 1.3 added a feature that photo icons will work even after the contact is deleted in address book, and phone numbers with * or # are not allowed during the icon creation and detected when dialing.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3 added a feature that photo icons will work even after the contact is deleted in address book, and phone numbers with * or # are not allowed during the icon creation and detected when dialing.
More Products to Consider
- Get a scientific calculator with graphing functions.
- Take a picture and import contact info from business cards to y...
- A smart and handy tool to log, track and manage your daily expe...
- Always be aware of who is calling you.
- Find your location via your BlackBerry device.
- Manage your Starbucks card from your BlackBerry Device.
- Speak your BlackBerry SMS, e-mail, memos, tasks, contact notes,...
- Free Economics Terms Dictionary for PalmOS.
- See who is calling even on unknown calls.
- Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer to get the ...
- Receive stock quotes and read news on any Java or Symbian cellp...
- Manage your checking, savings, credit cards and budgets on the ...
- Material for financial students & financial professionals.
- Make your meal with minimal mistakes and enjoy the process of c...
- Get an user-friendly reader for Stock Market news.
- Over 2000 Hi-res 3D icons.
- Take your trading to the next level from your iPad.
- Assess opportunities across markets.
- 380+ 3D icons for DateMan.
- Record voice notes, lectures, meetings, or reminders via your S...
- Icons for SplashID 3, Agendus, DateBk5.1, more.
- Icons for professional project management.
- Secure and add music, shapes, and color to your cellphone for y...
- Display DMX value or set DIP switches.