From NCH Software:
Express Scribe is a transcriber that features variable speed playback, foot pedal operation, speech recognition, file management and more. Ideal for playing dictation. Features include ability to play compressed wav or dct files, variable speed (constant pitch) playback, ability to control playback with foot pedals or system wide hot keys, works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processor applications. Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert text to speech. Version 4.05 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Process documents and save them in various formats.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Prepare stunning presentations, save them on cloud, and share w...
- Organize your important events, journals, notes, and contacts.
- Create and track quotes, invoices, and credit notes.
- Create invoice templates and quotes and purchase orders.
- Track, graph, and report on the performance of your investment ...
- Convert image files to PDF documents.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 61 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Brilliant program for typing out audio speech"
Version: Express Scribe 4.05
Load MP3, WAV speech files etc into this outstanding little program and then while typing them, press f9 to go forwards, f4 to stop, f7 to rewind etc. Either type directly into the program itself - and then cut and paste - or, even better, link it via the settings to a word processor - like Word - and carry on using the f settings, as above. Alternatively, buy their foot pedal and do it that way. Does it's job really well. In the settings there's also the possiblity of linking it to speech recognition software - I haven't exlored that yet.
It automatically downloads and installs with Express Dictate dictation software. Unlike Express Scribe, which is free, if you wish to dictate and send your dictation via email you have to purchase their licence after the tryout period. If you have no need for this software you can remove it via Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove programs. It would be better if both programs came as completely separate installations.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content