CNET Editors' review
EssentialPIM Pro is a powerful personal information manager that provides all the functionality of Outlook in an intuitive, attractive layout.
EssentialPIM Pro's interface is fairly self-explanatory and, like many similar programs, organizes its features in tabs along the side. The fonts and color scheme are pleasant and integrate well with newer versions of Windows. Each module of the program offers a degree of customization without going overboard, allowing users to tweak the program's appearance to suit their preferences. Users who have experience with any sort of calendar or personal organizer should find the program easy to use, but a built-in Help file provides comprehensive and well-written instructions if needed. The program contains all the expected features, including a schedule, to-do list, e-mail client, and more. The task function is especially versatile; we liked the variety of priority levels, the customizable, color-coded categories, and the fact that tasks could be designated partially complete. We also liked that the program's database of information can be shared among multiple users and that to-do list items can be assigned to others, making this program a great choice for workplace use. EssentialPIM Pro can also be synced with Google, Outlook, Palm, and Windows Mobile, allowing it to fit right in with other platforms.
EssentialPIM Pro has a 30-day trial, which should be ample time for users to try it out. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to those seeking a comprehensive way to manage their schedule, e-mail, and more.
EssentialPIM Pro is a Personal Information Manager (PIM) that makes it easy to control your appointments, tasks, to-do lists, notes, and contacts. With built-in email support, EssentialPIM is an affordable replacement for Outlook. In addition, EssentialPIM offers portability, speed, an intuitive interface, and the ability to synchronize all of your information with your Windows Mobile Smartphone, Palm OS device, iPOD, MS Outlook, and Google Calendar. EssentialPIM has all of the functionality that you would expect in a professional PIM. The Contact Manager offers fields for every business and home use, the ability to quickly add new fields, fast search and sort features, the ability to define contact groups, and a fully customizable look and feel.
What's new in this version: Version 5.56 has improved handling of email synchronization with Gmail accounts and fixed wrong line brakes and Unicode related issues.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your appointments, tasks, notes, contacts, E-mail messag...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule tasks and maintain contacts for workgroups.
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Organize your personal and business needs with your portable me...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Store your outdated information from EssentialPIM databases to ...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Synchronize EssentialPIM database files on your computer.
- Remove extraneous characters from forwarded e-mails or other do...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Instantly copy contacts from text to Outlook.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great piece of PIM software"
Version: EssentialPIM Pro 5.56
Very much like the attractive layout,and the toolbar on the left with the small icons which makes it super easy to quickly navigate to the different parts of the software. Also, the way in which you can differentiate different tasks with different colors, and the hierarchy and priority levels you can use are a nice touch. For example, i use different colors for different types of tasks, for example one color for "home" tasks, one for "work" tasks, .. and so on... This immediately gives me a clear picture when i look at the list of all my tasks, this has been given much thought clearly. What I also like very much is the way in which you can make notes in a tree like structure, and in its turn every branch of the "tree" can have different "leafs" or tabs if you want. Once you start, you will very quickly get the hang of it, no doubt.
The program still hasd some minor bugs here and there. For example, one of the times i opened the software, all my tasks had been rearranged, although this only happened once so far. Still, it shouldn't happen. And one of my events in the agenda didn't work properly as i had defined it, will al the other events worked fine. But once i deleted and recreated the event, it worked fine. So some minor bugs still need to be fixed.
If you're looking for a good PIM software with an attractive layout, and intuitive interface, EssentialPIM might be what you're looking for.