CNET Editors' review
Efficient Diary is an attractive diary application that lets you record and organize diary entries in a variety of ways. The program's sleek design and useful features give it a definite edge over the traditional paper diary or alternatives like password-protected Word documents.
The program's interface is well organized and nice to look at, resembling the familiar Microsoft Outlook, and the built-in Help file is well written and thorough. You can customize your diary entries with a full range of colors, fonts, sizes, and effects. You can also insert images and attach documents to diary entries. You can select a header from a drop-down menu that reflects either your mood or the current weather. Entries can be organized into user-defined groups that are fully searchable, making it easy to find specific items from the past. We like that you can change the program's color scheme, allowing for a bit of personalization, and password protection certainly beats the old locking book cover of days past. Overall, we found Efficient Diary quite easy and pleasurable to use, both when it came to writing entries and managing them. The program isn't particularly heavy on features, but it offers all the important ones, and we can't think of glaring omissions. It's true that it doesn't support audio or video entries, which seem to be growing in popularity, but for a text-based diary, it's a great choice.
Efficient Diary is free. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
With its unique and powerful flash full-text search technique, you can simply enter a word in the diary to quickly find the corresponding entries. The product has a strong edit function similar to that of Microsoft Word. You can insert various items such as tables, pictures, emotions, URLs or even attachments. You can set the background color, background picture of each diary entry separately so your diary can be rich and colorful. The login password is encrypted by the irreversible algorithm of SHA; besides, the content of the file itself is encrypted so that your private information is fully protected. Except for managing diary entries by date, you can also manage it by hierarchical grouping. There is a Recycle Bin in the software so you do not need to worry that you may delete a diary entry by mistake. It also provides various unique features such as you can specify a weather icon and an emotion icon for each diary entry, can specify importance for diary entries, and can copy and paste diary entries.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Transcribe audio recordings and control audio playback with a f...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Record, store, and manage contact information.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 20 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Efficient Diary 3.0 Build 321
Nothing at all.
The program doesn't save diary entries. As soon as you close the program everything youv'e written in it is gone. When you re-open the program and try to access entries youv'e made you just get a message saying the file has been locked by the program. The file exists, but the program won't give you permission to access any entries youv'e made.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content