CNET Editors' reviewBlogs and MySpace may get all the buzz, but DiaryOne makes a good alternative for those who don't want to post their innermost thoughts on the Web. It scores big on appearance, with a welcoming look that's highly reminiscent of a traditional printed diary. An included skin will change the color scheme to hot pink, and you have a variety of other ways to tweak the appearance of your entries. You can italicize or boldface text; change the font name and size; add photos, videos, and audio files; and print any information. You also can password-protect your diary and e-mail it directly to your friends. The program includes a basic finance-management tool and plenty of ways to search for specific entries. It's definitely old school, but for its handsome design and wealth of features, DiaryOne gets our thumbs-up.
From PIMOne Computing:
DiaryOne is a creative multimedia diary keeper software for storing your private information securely. DiaryOne can store not only texts but also multimedia information including sounds, pictures, etc. It also provides various skins and stationeries for your diaries. You can select a diary skin as you like. Even, you can send your diary to others as email. Version 6.5 added "Print consecutive diary entries" (print multiple diary entries onsecutively), support for printing GIF images, Flash movies, support for exporting multiple diary entires into a single HTML Web page file.
What's new in this version:
- Added "Print current diary entry" (added printing weather, date, etc.)
- Added "Print consecutive diary entries" (Print multiple diary entries onsecutively)
- Added the support for printing GIF images, Flash movies
- Added the support for exporting multiple diary entires into a single HTML web page file
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 17 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It didn't work with Vista"
Version: DiaryOne 6.5
It looked just what I wanted...but I am afraid to try and download it again.
I downloaded the programme and then it wanted to check for updates...that then hung up, so I attempted to uninstall the programme but it froze my computer.
"If you use a diary and use a laptop, this is for you"
Version: DiaryOne 6.5
Diaryone Version 6 has a really nice user interface and numerous options. However, the nicest part is that you can just open the program and type, if you wish. There are new options, such as publishing to a Windows Live blog or sending an entry via email. Multiple diaries are easy to use.
I see a few reviews stating that this software should be free, but if it was, I doubt it would be so fully-featured.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content