CNET Editors' review
If you spend a lot of time on your computer, it makes sense to keep your schedule or calendar there, too, since that's where you're most likely to see it. Desktop-Reminder is a simple program that can alert you to scheduled tasks, ensuring that you don't miss an important appointment or deadline.
The program's interface is quite simple, consisting of an area where scheduled tasks are listed and a few buttons across the top. Creating a new task is easy; you simply enter the date, time (if desired), description, and recurrence. Although many programs of this sort let you set priority levels for tasks, Desktop-Reminder does not. It does, however, let you select the point at which a task becomes marked as urgent, for example, two days before it's due. True to its name, Desktop-Reminder lets you set alerts that notify them when a task is coming due; these alerts are functional enough but not particularly customizable. One thing we didn't like about Desktop-Reminder was its lack of a calendar view; all of the tasks are listed chronologically, but there's no way to view them on a weekly or monthly basis. The program also lacks a Help file, although this is not a serious drawback; there are too few features for a Help file to really be necessary. Overall, we think that Desktop-Reminder is a fine program for those seeking a bare-bones reminder, but it will likely be a disappointment to people who desire a more full-featured scheduler.
Desktop-Reminder installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program.
Desktop-Reminder is a freeware task planner with calendar and reminder. Always during start of Windows it lists all tasks, which are urgent for that day. It can notify about tasks even months earlier. For tasks with defined time of day an according notification message with an alarm sound will be shown. There is no need to give annoying time of day for the task. However if you define time of day for the task, Desktop-Reminder can notify you with an alarm message with a sound in the range of one minute to few hours before the time comes. You don't miss your favorite TV-program and you don't bid too late on eBay.
What's new in this version: Version 2.55 has added support for Windows 8.
More Products to Consider
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Transfer Phone Contacts, SMS, Photos, Call Log between Android,...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Replace Post-It-style notes left stuck to your PC monitor.
- Plan your activities, display notifications, launch application...
- Allow you to convert any PC into a till.
- Perform complex calculations and mine bitcoins.
- Collect and combine appointments, regimes and records.
- Work and study more productively with Pomodoro technique.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-7 of 7
"Great free, easy to use reminder program."
Version: Desktop-Reminder 2.54
Does what I want, is easy to use and install, and it's FREE.
None that I have found.
Wonderful little program that is very easy to install and use. I have tried others but didn't like them because they were too complicated and discouraging to use. I can't believe this program isn't the #1 pick.
"so far great,will replace my paper datebook"
Version: Desktop-Reminder 2.12
remind on screen+audio
lisc. routine hard
hard to activate,seems foolproof
"Does the job"
Version: Desktop-Reminder 1.20
Easy to use and enter data
Slow to load
"Clean,easy and reliable ."
Version: Desktop-Reminder 1.18
It can hold message sizes that would equal a book review.It allows for regular changing of message times within the same day, setting repeats within the same week, month and year with annual events enabled. Stores in tray.
Free version has no alarm or fine tuning of time which when put together would make the overall use much more enjoyable. The view is work man-ish without colour or any bells and whistles. Like being able to increase the size of the very small text.
I like the product , it has not missed a time, it pops up where you want on the screen [move by minimize from different place will reopen last place], has a good calendar. plenty of note room,fine enough time tuning [for free],the paid for version seems to cover all matters that is lacking in the free model.other than this the free model works well and will serve anyone looking for a free,easy notice reminder.
"Extremely helpful AND reliable."
Version: Desktop-Reminder 1.14
Installed without a hitch on Windows 7, 64bit.
So many of these reminder programs are difficult to implement but "Desktop Reminder" is as easy as it gets.
None, zero, nada, zilch!
I would highly recommend this program for anyone who needs and wants a friendly reminder from your computer!
"Great little freeware program that does what I need."
Version: Desktop-Reminder 1.14
Very simple, user friendly reminder program that does exactly what I need - to be reminded of things that need to be done.
Can't think of any cons.
Wonderful little reminder program. Very simple to use and does exactly what it is supposed to. Would highly recommend it to anyone.
"Love this little program. Easy to use, works perfect."
Version: Desktop-Reminder 1.12
Easy to use, does what I want it to. Reminders are easy to set up, modify and delete.
Haven't found any yet.
As I said above, easy to use, does what it is supposed to.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content