DataArchitect is a powerful tool that provides ERD capability like PowerDesigner as well as the ability to graphically reverse engineer, create and modify a database through ODBC and perform advanced SQL functions. For a single price you get all the supported platforms, Linux (32 and 64 bit), Solaris, Windows, HP-UX and Mac OS X. Discover what database professionals have known for years - that enterprise databases are designed with enterprise modeling tools. Why has this been a secret for so many? Why do so many labor with buckets full of error prone, undocumented, SQL? Well it seems no one has been able to pack the features of a quality data modeling tool into a product at an accessible price - not until now.Documentation features: Multiple Document Interface (MDI), Workspace/Project paradigm, generic diagramming with rectangles, ellipses, lines, ERD centric modeling (Physical Model), model validation, create Physical Model from existing database, complete documentation capabilities, print data dictionary, export diagram to a variety of graphic formats, export model to HTML, generate database "create scripts", embedded, connected, SQL Editor with syntax coloring and "complete word", show SQL results and export in a variety of formats, open file format (XML), ODBC browser dockwindow, panner dockwindow (birds eye view), intelligent output dockwindow (quickly jump to problem spots), available on; Linux, Solaris, OSX and Windows, generic database support via ODBC, database specific support for; MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, MSSQL, Gupta SQL Base, Interbase and Oracle assistance; implicit (navigation and pick lists), tool tips, online help using tkHelp, and html documentation.
Logical Model: create a Physical Model from a Logical Model, create a Logical Model from a Physical Model, improved printing and exporting, Generic ODBC Physical Model (3 SQL Grammars and Driver Defined), Generic SQL92 Physical Model, Outlook-like toolbar dockwindow, properties editor dockwindow, manual mode for SQL on most objects, set validation strictness, improved data type selection for domains and columns, improved drawing speed, import Bulk Data across databases.
What's new in this version: Version 4.3:
Upgraded engine to Qt.4.8.0
Faster object movement in the diagrams, especially on OSX
Crash reports automatically submited
Remote software update implemented
iODBC included on Linux/Unix platforms
Setup available to switch between builds
Faster SQL execution by using binding during reverse engineering
Use iODBC unicode on OSX 10.5 and above
Added sample models for all supported databases
Import Firebird domains
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Take full control of the entire database and application migrat...
- Compare data from Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, or ODBC.
- Search SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite databases with...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage MySQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase/Firebird, SQlite, and DBF T...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Develop customer projects, perform analyses, computing, and GIS...
- Convert delimited flat file into database insert statement for ...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Simplify the use of SQL, MySql, and SqLite databases with .NET ...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Edit SQL queries using a customizable syntax highlighting.
- Backup and Restore VP-ASP and most ASP applications.
- Use database and SQL development tools for Oracle, SQLServer, D...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Analyze and process your professional database.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Create ER diagrams for database designing and carry out databas...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Doesn't work on MacOSX"
Version: DataArchitect 4.2
has good functionality
The Kompany said it is compatible with Mac OSX but it isn't. The support is 12 hours far away and it's not enough to deal with real problems the product carries on different platform.
Could never make it work with unixODBC 3rd party product neither the manufacture never tested this product on MACOSX. The support is in eastern Europe so don't wait fast support neither with enough knowledge. After buying one copy they even care in making it work neither they looked professional. Don't recommend at all.