From S2 Services:
Using a GUI interface and a Perl coded back end, Corrupt DOCX Salvager will often be able to extract text from damaged or corrupted Word 2007/2010 docx files where Word 2007/2010 fails. It can also be simply used as a viewer of the text in a docx file without having Word 2007/2010. The extracted text can even be edited in the interface. Additionally it now has a pre-extraction zip repair step and an "Alternatives" menu that improves its usefulness. The Alternatives Menu includes a shortcut to Recoveronix' Online File Repair and mentions a the coupon "S2SERVICES" good until 05/01/13 for free recovery, a $39 a pop value. Word 2007/2010 files are really conventionally zipped collections of mostly XML files. XML is not tolerant of file corruption. The text from a Word 2007/2010 document is found in the document.xml file within the larger zipped collection. From the errors it generates Word 2007/2010 appears to be using both an inadequately corruption tolerant unzipper as well as an inadequate corruption tolerant XML reading algorithm to salvage text from the mentioned XML file within corrupt docx files. Corrupt DOCX Salvager on the other hand uses a more corruption tolerant unzipper and a corruption tolerant XML reading algorithm as well, succeeding where MS Word fails.
What's new in this version: 1. In the Alternatives Menu, changed the message regarding Recoveronix' Online File Repair Service "S2SERVICES" coupon. The new deadline is May, 1 2013. 2. Also added as a pop up message box with instructions how to use the coupon. 3. Added another commercial software choice on the Alternatives menu
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Recover corrupt docx files.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Recover Word files with Microsoft's suggested methods for corru...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Salvage text from slides and notes of corrupt PPTX presentation...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Fix corrupt workbooks and Excel locking up while saving and ope...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Recover and repair MS Access databases.
- Repair corrupt Zip files for your PC.
- Salvage data from corrupted unopenable Excel XLSX files and con...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Recover and repair damaged or corrupted Microsoft Office files.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Restore and repair corrupted MS Word documents.
- Scan the corrupt or damaged Acrobat PDF files and recover your ...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Recover Excel data from corrupt spreadsheets.
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
Version: Corrupt DOCX Salvager 1.03b
Won't Delete Your Damaged File Now
Perhaps not as good as a commercial program..
I fixed the problem with it renaming the extension on the damaged file and not renaming iot back. It should work better now.
"There Is a Problem With My Software"
Version: Corrupt DOCX Salvager 1.0
* You can just remove the zip extension that this program adds to your file to get it back.
* The program shouldn't be working on the original file I agree. It should work instead on a copy of the file it has made before it does anything else.
The present state is of course unacceptable. I will fix the problem soon.
"program crashed + deleted the docx it was "fixing""
Version: Corrupt DOCX Salvager 1.0
it was free
ran this program on vista, program crashed and deleted the docx file it was attempting to recover