CNET Editors' review
If you find yourself typing the same text over and over again, it makes sense to find a way to automate this task to save time and effort. Auto Text Typer is a simple program with which you can save multiple sets of text and easily insert them almost anywhere with the use of a simple hot key. We think the program is a great way to speed up redundant typing tasks.
Auto Text Typer has a simple, straightforward interface with a handful of clearly labeled buttons. We clicked New in order to create a new block of text and then typed our desired text into the window. We set our own custom hot key and then clicked Okay. Our text appeared in Auto Text Typer's main screen along with its hot key for easy reference.
We tried inserting text from Auto Text Typer into a variety of programs and it worked fine with Notepad, Microsoft Word, and Outlook Express, but as far as we can tell it's not compatible with browsers; it didn't insert text into Firefox or Internet Explorer. Depending on what you need the program for, this may or may not be a major drawback.
The publisher's Web site has very brief instructions for Auto Text Typer, but there's no real Help file; fortunately, the program is quite easy to figure out without assistance. Overall, we think that Auto Text Typer is a great way to quickly insert blocks of text into a variety of programs, as long as those programs aren't browsers.
Auto Text Typer installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal.
Auto Text Typer is a powerful yet easy-to-use tool with many more features that can automatically enter text, phrases, sentences or paragraphs with a hotkey that you defined.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Type on your keyboard automatically with shortcuts or hotkeys.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Automate mouse clicking at the current mouse point with random ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Save your time without using mouse.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Search duplicate and similar picture files.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Automate mouse clicking at defined location.
- Hide any program from the desktop or the toolbar without termin...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Record mouse movements, mouse clicks, and keystrokes.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content