CNET Editors' review
Atlantis Nova offers an alternative word processor to users who are fed up with Word or Notes. While it does a good imitation of some better-known software, ultimately its only appeal will be to those unhappy with other word processing software.
Atlantis Nova should look and feel familiar to anyone who has used Microsoft Word, as its interface mimics that program's, though in a rather cluttered form. Users will also feel comfortable composing with Atlantis Nova, as it operates just like any word processor, too. You can create and edit documents using a long list of tools and options, such as choosing fonts, sizes, paragraph setup, tabs, bullets, and other useful features. One thing that really hurt its overall performance was the lack of a spell-checker, which is pretty much an essential feature in a word processor. It also saves files in the unpopular Rich Text File format, another negative mark. It boasts some inventive features like a Zoom option and a calculations tool similar to one on an Excel spreadsheet. While both worked well enough, we failed to see users handling these tools very often. Overall, Atlantis Nova doesn't bring anything to the table that other word processors don't also offer.
With some major areas of concern in functionality, we can only recommend this freeware word processor to those disgusted with other programs.
Atlantis Nova is a light version of Atlantis Word Processor. It is compact, fast, user-friendly, and simple in use. It will be a great companion to your basic word processing tasks.
What's new in this version: Version 18.104.22.168 includes minor fixes and improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Type any document and improve its appearance.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create your documents in a multipurpose word processor.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Write and edit plain-text files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Edit text files with multilingual word processing features.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Convert PDF documents into fully editable Microsoft Word files.
- Write in a distraction-free environment with this text editor.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Edit and convert PDF documents into Microsoft Word files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Get full control over your text documents.
- Create and edit your documents.
- Add this spelling checker to your system tray.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Edit your texts with clipboard handling, cryptographic options,...
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Aok...dated style but Saves in RTF (popular/universal)"
Version: Atlantis Nova 22.214.171.124
Free, decent interface, does 99% of what most users need.
Not sure if we need all the icons and tool bars (removable)
Nice mask over MS Wordpad