CNET Editors' review
Adobe Acrobat Reader has broken-down hardware and software platforms to enable the viewing and printing of Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) files. This version, Adobe Reader for Mac, is easy to use and, despite its long list of great features, the application's clean and professional interface achieves its goals: you have all the primary features just a click away.
Acrobat Reader for Mac excels at what it is supposed to do: help you read PDF files, as well as print and e-mail them. However, it doesn't stop there. As the popularity of PDF files increased, Adobe complied with its users' needs, and now Adobe Reader for Mac includes options such as submitting forms created with fillable form fields created in other Adobe products like Acrobat Professional or Adobe Form Designer. If you read e-books or PDF documents, you'll love how Adobe Reader for Mac performs. During our testing, it handled large files with high-quality images just as easily as small files. A couple of our favorite features, Add Text and Place Signature, let you add your thoughts to a closed document, even without another Adobe product. And, if you choose to subscribe with your Adobe ID, you can send files without ever leaving the application. It's that simple, although subscription fees may apply, depending on the amount of data you want to send.
We found no issues with Adobe Reader for Mac, and as the popularity of PDF files continues to grow, this is a must-have application for every user.Adobe Reader - Open, edit, and print PDF files - Download Video Previews:
From Adobe Systems:
Adobe Reader is free software that lets you view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files on a variety of hardware and operating system platforms. This new version of the familiar Adobe Acrobat Reader provides a host of rich features that enable you to:
- Submit Adobe PDF forms that are created with fillable form fields in such applications as Adobe Acrobat Professional and Adobe Form Designer
- Play back a variety of embedded multimedia content, such as QuickTime and MP3 files
- Read and organize high-fidelity eBooks
- Activate search and accessibility capabilities built into your PDF files
- Display Adobe Photoshop? Album slide shows and electronic cards and export images for online photo processing (online photo services vary regionally)
Download for previous versions or older systems: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/
What's new in this version: This update provides system requirement enhancements, mitigation for security issues, improved overall stability, bug fixes, and feature enhancements.
More Products to Consider
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Process documents and save them in various formats.
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Measure, control, and improve business performance.
- Measure and control business performance.
- View, print, and export PDF files.
- View, print, and export PDF files.
- Convert image files to PDF document.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 55 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"does not work consistent across mac and windows"
Version: Adobe Reader 10.1.4
bloat, program is way to big, forms filled in on MAC don't display correctly on Windows and vice versa
Needs good competition, Reader has turned into bloat that does not really work well.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content