CNET Editors' review
AddressBookAid for Mac taps into your AddressBook database and provides an alternative way for viewing and editing it. At present, this app is still in development, and during our tests we felt that it is not yet ready for prime time, having many bugs, broken features, and interface problems that considerably diminish its appeal and reduce its usability. This premium product comes with a free trial.
AddressBookAid for Mac's main interface consists of a list view of contacts and several filtering options and column customizations. While we were able to successfully pick and choose which columns to view and set a filter to only show contacts which have "Work" labels, we encountered one broken feature on the main window, the Edit contact button, which is grayed out. Curiously enough, the same command works when accessed from the Navigate menu. This initial error foretells of other broken features, like the manual save necessary after modifying the database, which has no effect and doesn't save the modified information, making all database edits useless, or the file importing or printing features, none of which work.
If you spend a lot of time modifying your contacts database, AddressBookAid for Mac will be very detrimental to your workflow. As it stands, we believe the app should be in a closed beta rather than for sale on the market. You will only benefit from the software if you need the label filtering feature.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of AddressBookAid for Mac 1.6.2.
From Goldbug Software:
This software is for viewing and editing the address book database which is created by Apple Address Book. At Apple Address Book you can only edit address data by person, but at this software you can see addresses of group members all together like on a spread sheet and edit them. However this software doesn't yet have all the features that Apple Address Book has. So you should use this together with Apple Address Book for the time being.
What's new in this version:
- Add a Icon in the Name column.
- Add a editButton in the sheets and popovers for editing.
More Products to Consider
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- List of all active shortcuts of the current application.
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- RSS & Atom newsreader with Google Reader integration.
- Extract information from iPhone and iPad backups.
- For any Apple monitor & OS 8.x (use 1.6 for OS 7.x and 1.5.5 fo...
- Convert Apple Mail to '.RGE' file.
- High-quality scanner driver with support for several manufactur...
- Play, stream, and share files on P2P, the cloud and your local ...
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Use Applescript to send e-mail, includes source code and projec...
- Update your software for use with the Apple Color OneScanner.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: