TokeiTango is derived from the Japanese words tokei (watch/clock) and tango (word). It is a flashcard app to learn over 9,000 Japanese words. It's the Anki for the Apple Watch.
This app is dedicated for the Apple Watch - the information and user interface has been designed to cater for the small screen and the study sessions are deliberately short to allow you to sneak in some Japanese study while you're catching the train or waiting in line (and to give your raised arm a rest).
Some of the key features of this app are:
- Spaced-repetition algorithm to repeat Japanese words that you attempt incorrectly more frequently than the words that you know well
- Bookmark words so you can look them up in a dictionary later
- Choosing the order in which you want to learn words (such as by JLPT levels)
- Choosing the colour theme of the cards
- Statistics to track how many Japanese words you have learnt
- Audio output for every Japanese word so you can practice your pronounciation
- Example sentences for every Japanese word to help memorise words and better understand how to use them
Please follow me on twitter (@tokeitango) and provide any suggestions/feedback for future versions.