Tai chi (taiji), short for T'ai chi ch'an, or Taijiquan (pinyin: tijqun; ), is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defense training and its health benefits.
The term taiji refers to a philosophy of the forces of Yin and Yang, related to the moves. Though originally conceived as a martial art, it is also typically practiced for a variety of other personal reasons: competitive wrestling in the format of pushing hands (tui shou), demonstration competitions and achieving greater longevity. As a result, a multitude of training forms exist, both traditional and modern, which correspond to those aims with differing emphasis. Some training forms of Tai chi are especially known for being practiced with relatively slow movements.
This app supply a lot information of Tai Chi: history, principles, benefits, ...
The app include instructions step by step for user to practice the most popular Tai Chi form:
* The Tai Chi Yang style 24 form:
1. Commencing (Opening, Beginning)
2. Pat the Wild Horse's Mane
3. White Crane Spreads Its Wings
4. Brush Knee and Push
5. Strum the Lute
6. Step Back and Wave Arms
7. Grasp the Peacock's Tail (LEFT side)
8. Grasp the Peacock's Tail (RIGHT side)
9. Single Whip
10. Wave Hands Like Clouds
11. Single Whip
12. High Pat on Horse
13. Right Heel Kick
14. Strike to Ears with Both Fists
15. Turn Body and Left Heel Kick
16. Left Lower Body and Stand on One Leg
17. Right Lower Body and Stand on One Leg
18. Step Out In The Shuttle
19. Needle at Sea Bottom
20. Flash Arm
21. Turn Body, Deflect, Parry, and Punch
22. Push hand (Appears Closed)
23. Cross Hands
* And more :
- Warm up exercise for preparing form practice.
- Form applications.
- Some notice when practice form ...
* Because of many videos offline including, the app size is about 80 MB. So, you can view them anywhere, anytime without internet connection.