There are a lot of running apps out there, but they all have something in common: they are either full of ads, are highly expensive or simply are and look very outdated.
OutRun tries to solve this with a clean and modern look and being 100% free. In addition to that OutRun is also one of the few running apps that do not require you to create an account, all information is stored locally and thereby protected from any data leaks or privacy scandals. And if you think: "Where is the catch?" - there is none, you can even have a look at the source code and confirm everything being said here, because OutRun is fully open-source (source-code: https://github.com/timfraedrich/OutRun ).
# MAJOR FEATURES
- Keep full control over your data
- Record your outdoor workouts (Running, Walking, Hiking, Cycling and Skating)
- View detailed statistics
- Export your workouts as GPX or OutRun-Backup (.orbup)
- Fully customise the recording process
- Synchronise with Apple Health
I hope you love OutRun just as much as I loved making it and if you find anything I should improve upon, please let me know.
Tim, the developer.