Hokie Ready is the official safety app of Virginia Tech. It is the only app that integrates with Virginia Tech's safety and security systems. Virginia Tech Emergency Management has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Virginia Tech campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Hokie Ready features include:
- Hokie Health: Virginia Tech's screening tool that provides rapid assessment along with support resources and guidance to direct next steps.
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Virginia Tech area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern.
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Report a Tip: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to Virginia Tech security.
- Be Hokie ready: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Campus Map: Navigate around the Virginia Tech area.
- Transit Map: Find transit routes currently in service.
- Respond to Emergencies: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users arent connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at Virginia Tech.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from Virginia Tech safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure youre prepared in the event of an emergency.