Fairy Quest is an educational game that teaches young children about shapes. The game introduces the young player to various shapes all within a three-dimensional fairyland setting. Explore a magical fairyland surrounded by fairies while playfully learning about shapes.
The learning content is mapped to Kindergarten level of the Australian School Curriculum. The specific learning outcome falls under the Space and Geometry section. Fairy Quest embraces the concept of working mathematically which is a key focus point in the current teachings of early mathematics. Fairy Quest addresses the concept of working mathematically by engaging the player in mathematical concepts that are present in everyday situations. For example, by describing the shape of the fruit orange as a circle.
This game would be of great benefit to young children preparing for school as it provides an excellent introduction to the concept of shapes. Equally, this game is of value to children in Kindergarten to Grade 1 as these concepts are being taught to them in school.
A key learning outcome in the Space and Geometry section of the Australian Curriculum (2015) for Kindergarten is to manipulate, sort and describe representations of two-dimensional shapes, including circles, triangles, squares and rectangles, using everyday language. Fairy Quest addresses this concept by introducing and reinforcing the player to all of the above-mentioned shapes. In addition, Fairy Quest extends the player with additional shapes (the diamond and pentagon) that are taught in later years at school.
- A one-off payment of $1.99 provides parents with quality content developed by teachers.
- The young player is introduced to six different shapes: triangles, circles, squares, rectangles, diamonds and pentagons. Familiarity of these shapes is reinforced as the player continues collecting and adding to their growing inventory.
- Learn about shapes in a 3D environment.
- Practice drawing shapes in a 2D drawing game.
- Tap on the various shapes that are scattered throughout the fairy forest!
- Customize your own fairy.
- Fairies that jump, fly and spin.
- Fly through the forest and meet other fairies.
- Inclusion of a special boy fairy that lives in the forest too.
- Collect coins as well as shapes.
- Discover the secret portal that transports player high into the tree-tops.
- Visit the mermaid.
- No in-app purchasing or advertising.
- Child-safe app. Your childs safety and privacy is our priority.
- This version is designed for children aged 2 - 6.
- Aligned to the early stage of the Australian Mathematics Curriculum (Kindergarten). Mapped to the specific content strand of Space and Geometry.
- We are working hard to create a Multi-Player version of this game so you can fly around with your real-life friends as well! This will be a free upgrade once released.
Learn more about Rookie and provide feedback at:
Never miss an app update. Follow us on: