In 1912 a small group of Christians, Prince Scott, Parker Daniel, Ed Broyland and Jack Boose gathered together and founded the Mt. Zion MBC. The Lansing Company donated the small two room building and it was later purchased in 1916. The building was chartered with the State of Arkansas on September 29, 1916 and was located at the corner of Stebbins and Davis Streets. There were no pews so old nail kegs with boards across them served as seats.
Past leadership of Mt. Zion included Bro. Hayes, Bro. Jackson, Moses Williams, Henry Sewell, Bro. Flowers, Gabe Riley, J.W. Holt, John H. Alexander, Ralph Loftin, C.H. Robinson, Richard Relliford and Peter Hopkins. Under the leadership of Bro. Alexander, the old building was torn down and a new brick building was constructed and renamed New Mt. Zion.
In February 1984 the church elected Robert L. King as pastor and since his election, the church has grown tremendously in an in-depth study of the word of God and in membership. In the 1990's ten acres of land were purchased on Hwy 64. This was to be the site of our new facility. However God had bigger and better things in store for us and another site of 25 acres located on Hwy 64 B was purchased in May 2001. In the previous year of 2000 the church voted to become independent and non-denominational. At that time the church's name was changed to Christ Fellowship Church. The congregation met for ground breaking ceremonies on September 23,2001. The church entered the new sanctuary on the third Sunday in December, 2002 and celebrated it's Grand Opening on March 16, 2003. Download our app here!