Whats even cooler, pearPad features swipe-gestures- (quick strokes across the iPhone/iPod touch screen) and shake-detection that you can map to any key-combination you like. Progressing your presentation by shaking your phone, zooming in and out on your screen, controlling Front Row by swipes are just some ideas of what you could do.
Check the demo-videos on the support-page.
To get up and running do:
- install pearPad on your iPhone/iPod touch
- install pearPad Remote on your Mac or PC
Once pearPad Remote is launched and activated on your Mac or PC, pearPad on the iPhone / iPod touch will automatically find your computer in your local network using Bonjour (if it's available). Of course, you can also specifiy an IP-Address the old fashioned way if you need or want to. Just make sure, your firewall does not block the pearPad port (can be configured too, by default it's UDP 59999), and you can let the fun begin.
If you experience any issues, please take a look at the FAQ on the support page or if this does not help don't hesitate to contact me directly.
If you would like to give it a try first before buying try out pearPad Lite.
What pearPad is not:
_pearPad is not a VNC solution, it's a plain oneway input solution (i.e. it does not even try to display the screen-content of your Mac on your tiny little mobile device screen).
_pearPad does not encrypt the input data sent to your computer - so don't use it for sensible or top secret data.
Notes for Windows and other systems like e.g. Linux:
1) Java Runtime Environment 1.5 or higher required. Only one-dimensional scrolling is supported on Windows and Linux.
2) Bonjour is required for the auto-discovery feature to work.
What's new in this version:
- Added two-finger secondary-click (right-click): Hold one finger on the screen and then briefly tap and release a second finger.
- Option to deactivate display sleep
- Minor bug fixes