CNET Editors' review
First things first: iPad has absolutely no relation to Apple's tablet computer of the same name. Its nearest relative is actually Microsoft's Notepad, the bare-bones text editor that comes with most versions of Windows. iPad is a slightly fancier rendition of Notepad and similar programs, delivering a lightweight word processor for users who want a few extra features but who don't need a program as heavy duty as Word.
iPad's interface is sleek and attractive, reminding us a lot of newer versions of Microsoft Office. Its features are laid out in an intuitive toolbar at the top and include all the basics: clipboard functions, formatting for fonts and paragraphs, and undo and redo buttons. iPad lets users save files in a variety of formats, including a proprietary iPad format, rich text files, and plain text files. A Notes tab lets users record comments about the file they're working on. The program also supports Book It!, a separate program that allows users to create "books," or collections of files. Unfortunately, instructions for using Book It! were not particularly clear, and we never did figure out exactly how it works. iPad has a built-in Help file, but it's pretty sparse and not all that helpful. Overall, we found iPad to be a nice-looking, basic word processor, and we think it's a good choice for anyone who's looking for something that's just a bit more fleshed out than Notepad.
iPad installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From CR Development:
iPad is a simple word processing program that makes it easier to make documents. iPad can do all your basic functions, including some that are a little more advanced, and other word processing programs cannot do.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124 added Spell Check and Image Import functions, and fixed updater bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Get a text editor with syntax highlighting feature.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Write and edit text messages with a set of simplified functions...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Edit, share, and protect private text documents using file encr...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Provide split screen outlining editor with whole or part docume...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Edit text or rich-text files on your windows machine.
- Use a notepad alternative with built-in text encryption support...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Edit text files with multilingual word processing features.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Type any document and improve its appearance.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create, edit, and display notes on your desktop.
- Create bulleted lists, embed files, images, data, or text, and ...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Open any text file, edit it, then send it with this multifeatur...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Book it! Help"
Version: iPad 126.96.36.199
This should clear up any confusion you have about the Book it! feature.
We made a mistake when publishing iPad by not including a help file about Book it! that went into further detail. We hope that this has helped any confusion, in the next update of iPad all of this will be included.
Instead of making an update for a simple error we mad ( CR Developments ), we will just fix the error here. How do you use Book it? In the text box you see when you first open Book it! that contains the text "New book it! Name" is the place where you add the title of your "Book" of files. Such as you could put "iPad Files" then click New. Now you see the "Book" titled iPad Files, when you double click the book, it will open the book. Now you can add files to the book, simple click add and select the files. Now when you run Book it! all of your books will appear and you can open each and modify any of them at any time.
Please note : When you click the delete button ( need to have a file selected ) you only delete it from the "Book" not your computer.
"for a basic file editor, quite good."
Version: iPad 188.8.131.52
simple and easy to use .rtf editor.
notes panel a plus.
looks very promising and unique as i have noticed from the recent updates.
Updated on Dec 13, 2009
Updated on Dec 13, 2009looks very promising and unique as i have noticed from the recent updates.