eLecture is a webinar / virtual classroom software product for conducting live interactive seminars / lectures over Internet/LAN, where participants attend sessions online via web browser.
This is not a hosted service but a software that you install on your own server Live near real-time lecture broadcast, including screen capture Students/attendees post questions and receive answers in text chat mode in real time All live feeds and textual conversations are recorded on the server Multiple languages are supported, new languages are easy to add by yourself Students/attendees don't need to install anything: everything is web-based with Flash video
All eLecture users including students and lecturers, use web-based interface to register, subscribe, start and and participate in lectures. This is achieved via WebELecture web application that needs to be installed on the server side along with eLecture Server. eLecture Server running as Windows service, can run multiple lectures concurrently and supports thousands of concurrent users on standard server hardware. eLecture Server comes with Administration Console allowing lecturer or administrator managing lectures, lecturers and students. The eLecture Server also includes Unreal Media and Archival servers for broadcasting and recording purposes.
The lectures can be scheduled at a particular time or periodically; limits on number of participants and number of questions each participant can ask are supported. Up to 3 audio/video feeds can be configured with each lecture; Unicast and Multicast delivery methods are supported to serve LAN and Internet students. Any RTSP IP camera / encoder, MPEG2-TS live stream, or Unreal Live Server based live source can be configured as a live feed for a lecture. Lectures can be configured to allow or prohibit students from self-subscribing online. All the communication between eLecture Console and eLecture Server is encrypted with industry standard symmetric protocol, ensuring secure data transmission.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0 added the ability to provide new live sources: RTSP IP camera, MPEG2-TS / MMS live sources, dynamic live broadcast from Unreal Live Server. Ability to choose player size.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Meet online, share your screen and video conference with anyone...
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Create eLearning and HTML5-based content without programming.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Provide Chinese abacus with touch interface and non-touch inter...
- Learn to recognize intervals, scales, and chords.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create e-tests in visual mode and compile them in EXE form.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Access over 200 weight training exercises plus workout routines...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Read facts, profiles, and consumer feedback on turbulence train...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Train your employees on the HIPAA privacy rule.
- Remember more in less time through spaced repetition learning.
- Create distinctive, engaging, and compelling presentations with...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Version 1.0: good intentions bad implementation"
Version: eLecture 1.0
The system coudl be very simple and effective BUT only if very much improved
The system is totally unfriendly:no help, no docs, unpredictable behaviours, very restricted support. For instance there is no graphic tool for defining the VDU area to broacast, only COORDINATES, the server very often gets blocked upon changes. are
We have bought the system because we felt its potential but we have spent many, many weary hours trying to get it working. What is frustrating is that the behaviour is totally unpredictable. The idea is brilliant: a brodcast server on XP, what easier and more appealing ? But users want to use the system and not to discover - when possible - its behaviour. So far we have been using it with a restricted number of selected students but for the time beeing we cannot risk large numbers. The interface is the most unfriendly we have experienced: the tools are rigid and very difficult to use so people can only rely on a trial-and-error system. No help or examples. Some of the behaviours, after a month of tests, remain a mystery and errors cannot very often reproduced. In summary: we still hope that release 2.0 (when will it be available ?) will at least make the system stable. But at least the company should provide an on-line chat service for customera who have paid a hefty sum for the license otherwise we suppose that only very unlucky dedicated "explorers" can venture in the eLecture land.