Version: Windows CHM To HTML 8.0
This is nothing good to report.
The demo version doesn't work at all.
1. The CHM file size is limited to 150K... good luck finding <150K CHM files.
2. The user interface consists of a source file line with a browse button. This works OK. However, the edit control for the destination file is disabled, and there is no browse button. You cannot perform a conversion without specifying a destination! End of this story.
3. I clicked the "Buy Now" button. This links to a valid page which contains emetrix.com link. This link is broken.
4. I went to the ypgsoft.com site and (call me crazy) clicked the "BuyNow" link... for $19.95, I was game. I paid via PayPal, and guess what... no registration code, no nothing.
5. By snooping, I found the (unlisted on the web site) email... firstname.lastname@example.org. I have received no reply from my email.
Cnet should filter out such poorly contructed software from unqualified -- or downright dishonest -- publishers.
Reply to this review
Was this review helpful?